Louis Tomlinson's Estranged Dad Wants Reconciliation
Louis Tomlinson's dad, Troy Austin, had an interview with Sunday Mirror and opened up about his strained relationship with the member of One Direction. Troy revealed to the newspaper that he was proud of his son and he wanted to be part of his life again.
Troy told Mirror that his daughter, Louis' half-sister Georgia, was a huge fan of the boybander. They went to the band's concert a few days before. "Seeing Louis on that stage was amazing. He's in the biggest band in the world and I'm the proudest dad in the world. I just hope he knows it," said the 44-year-old father in the interview.
After the two-hour-concert, they hoped to go backstage for a reunion, but were told that the band had to rush off. "It was a shame we couldn't see Louis and tell him how brilliant he was. But I know he and the rest of the lads are really busy. Georgia was gutted -she's his half-sister after all," he continued.
"I haven't been there for most of his life, so I understand I'm not one of his main priorities," he added. "I know people will think I'm only interested in being part of his life again because he's rich and famous. But it's not about that. I'm his dad. We're flesh and blood and nothing can change that. I'm so proud of him I could burst. I would love to see him again and have a proper relationship with him. What dad wouldn't? But it's up to him."
Troy lost touch with his son when he split up with Louis' mother Johanna, when the singer was two. He last saw him two years ago when Louis got in touch to tell him he was appearing on "The X Factor".
Meanwhile, Louis ranted on Twitter in what seemed to be a response to his father's statement in the recent interview. The 21-year-old star tweeted on Sunday, March 24, "I'd like to start off the day by saying a big f**k you to 'the mirror' :) on a happier note huge love to all out fans, you keep us going!!"
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service