Louis Tomlinson's Estranged Dad Wants Reconciliation
Louis Tomlinson's dad, Troy Austin, had an interview with Sunday Mirror and opened up about his strained relationship with the member of One Direction. Troy revealed to the newspaper that he was proud of his son and he wanted to be part of his life again.
Troy told Mirror that his daughter, Louis' half-sister Georgia, was a huge fan of the boybander. They went to the band's concert a few days before. "Seeing Louis on that stage was amazing. He's in the biggest band in the world and I'm the proudest dad in the world. I just hope he knows it," said the 44-year-old father in the interview.
After the two-hour-concert, they hoped to go backstage for a reunion, but were told that the band had to rush off. "It was a shame we couldn't see Louis and tell him how brilliant he was. But I know he and the rest of the lads are really busy. Georgia was gutted -she's his half-sister after all," he continued.
"I haven't been there for most of his life, so I understand I'm not one of his main priorities," he added. "I know people will think I'm only interested in being part of his life again because he's rich and famous. But it's not about that. I'm his dad. We're flesh and blood and nothing can change that. I'm so proud of him I could burst. I would love to see him again and have a proper relationship with him. What dad wouldn't? But it's up to him."
Troy lost touch with his son when he split up with Louis' mother Johanna, when the singer was two. He last saw him two years ago when Louis got in touch to tell him he was appearing on "The X Factor".
Meanwhile, Louis ranted on Twitter in what seemed to be a response to his father's statement in the recent interview. The 21-year-old star tweeted on Sunday, March 24, "I'd like to start off the day by saying a big f**k you to 'the mirror' :) on a happier note huge love to all out fans, you keep us going!!"
More Louis Tomlinson News
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction