Alan Ritchson to Star in 'Ninja Turtles'
Alan Ritchson has reportedly joined the cast of "Ninja Turtles". Deadline reports the actor who plays Gloss in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" will play Raphael, who is known for his red bandana and twin sai weapons. Raphael is generally considered to be the most aggressive among the crime-fighting quartet (including Leonardo, Donatello and Michelangelo).
Ritchson joins Megan Fox who last month announced her attachment as the female lead in the film to be produced by Michael Bay. Fox will be playing feisty reporter and general damsel-in-distress April O'Neil.
According to Deadline, in the upcoming movie, the actors won't be put into bulky turtle suits anymore. They will have a motion-capture suit similar to James Cameron's "Avatar".
The film has already proven controversial following a widely-circulated leaked script that saw the turtles as a group of alien reptiles, instead of a set of four pet turtles which mutate after exposure to radioactive waste in a sewer.
Bay insisted the story would be better. "Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story," he said back in 2012. "Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world."
Directed by Jonathan Liebesman, the action adventure movie is scheduled to hit theaters on June 6, 2014.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism