Louie Anderson Injures His Ribs During 'Splash' Rehearsal
Louie Anderson has injured himself while praticing for ABC's new reality show "Splash". The comedian has bruised ribs after suffering a mishap during a rehearsal on Thursday, March 21.
"Louie Anderson bruised his ribs at practice yesterday," his rep tells Access Hollywood. The rep adds that Louie is now resting and "will continue in the competition in spite of the injury." The rep jokingly adds, "He is finding diving to be more dangerous than standup."
Due to the injury, Louie had to cancel his scheduled appearance on "Access Hollywood Live" on Friday. He later revealed how the injury occurred, "I went to do my move and I didn't do it enough when you don't do your move enough your body is out of position. Rather than going in the right way, I went in the tummy way and I got a big tummy. People call it a belly flop, it's more like slim, slam, bam, jam!"
Fellow contestant Kareem Abdul-Jabbar described the incident as being "horrible." He recalled, "He missed his dive. He landed in the wrong position flat on his torso. I saw his face when he came out he wasn't happy. He stayed in the pool for a good 10 or 15 minutes just recouping and trying to get it together."
Louie admitted, "I don't want to die doing this [show]." Asked what if he's forced to drop out of the competition, the former "Family Feud" host said, "It would crush me. It would be real devastating. I'm in it to win it... I'm not a quitter."
"Splash", which premiered March 19, features 10 celebrity contestants competing in regulation platform and springboard diving at dizzying heights in front of a weekly poolside audience. Other stars participating on the show include Nickelodeon star Drake Bell, actress Nicole Eggert, former Miss Alabama Katherine Webb and reality TV star Kendra Wilkinson.
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses