Ryan Reynolds Has 'Little Interest' to Reprise His Role as Green Lantern
"Justice League" might need to find a new actor to play Green Lantern if the movie project happens very soon because Ryan Reynolds is, at the time being, reluctant to reprise his role as the protector of Sector 2814. The actor shares his thoughts on the matter during an interview with Empire.
"I saw how difficult it is to make that concept palatable," he says, "and how confused it all can be when you don't really know exactly where you're going with it or you don't really know how to access that world properly. That world comic book fans have been accessing for decades and falling in love with. So at this point I have very little interest in joining that kind of world."
Still, Reynolds is not completely closing door on the possibility of returning as the green superhero. "[A] great script and a good director can always turn that around," he reasons. "...I believe that Joss Whedon is the guy that just nails it and Christopher Nolan obviously nails it. So if they were gonna do it like that, it would be an interesting thing to do."
Reynolds portrays Hal Jordan, a test pilot turned one of the Guardians of the Universe, in 2011's "Green Lantern". Made on the budget of $200 million, the CGI action movie collected $219 million worldwide but needed to perform better to be considered financially solid. Moreover, the Martin Campbell-directed film was panned by critics.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo