Justin Timberlake's 'The 20/20 Experience' Headed for Massive 800k Debut
Justin Timberlake's album "The 20/20 Experience" is looking to post a massive debut on the charts this week, with industry projections already pegging the pop/dance superstar's new album to make a staggering 800,000 in sales. The response to the 32-year-old entertainer's studio set is so overwhelming it has already exceeded initial estimates of half a million copies made last week.
Even with a 500k debut, "20/20" is already set to give JT his second No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 200. However, with more than 800k copies, the new studio set will even exceed the 684,000 record posted by his 2006 album "FutureSex/LoveSounds".
If projections pull through once the Billboard 200 list is revealed on Wednesday, March 27, "20/20" will easily become the year's highest-grossing album yet. It will bump Mumford & Sons' "Babel" and its 631,000 total to second place for 2013, thus far.
And supposing JT's latest work surpasses already high 800k expectations and surprises everybody with an even higher sales output, he might just take the coveted spots held by Lil Wayne and Taylor Swift. The New Orleans rapper holds the record for highest sales week of an album by a male artist since 2010, when his "Tha Carter IV" moved 964,000 copies. That one's only second best to the country pop princess' album "Red" which broke the record with a whopping 1.2 million back in November 2012.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'