'Hot in Cleveland' Will Stage 'Mary Tyler Moore' Reunion
On the heels of its renewal, "Hot in Cleveland" will stage a reunion of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" cast for an episode in the upcoming season 5. Mary Tyler Moore, Valerie Harper and Cloris Leachman will be featured joining Betty White and recurring cast member Georgia Engel.
The reunion episode, which will be taped April 5, will focus on Elka (White) and Mamie Sue (Engel) reuniting their bowling team GLOB (the Gorgeous Ladies of Bowling). The team, which is revived after falling apart decades earlier due to swollen egos, includes former members Diane (Moore), Peg (Leachman) and Angie (Harper). The episode will also feature "Modern Family" star Jesse Tyler Ferguson.
The episode, which is tentatively slated to air sometime in August, marks the first time the five ladies act together since "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" finale in 1977. Moore previously had a brief cameo as Elka's cellmate in an episode of season 2. For Harper, the guest stint follows her recent announcement that she has a terminal brain cancer and might have as little as three months to live.
"Hot in Cleveland" stars White, Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick. The TV Land first original scripted series will return with the new season beginning on June 19.
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'