Experts Say Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn Are Dating for Publicity
Tiger Woods and Olympics skier Lindsey Vonn confirmed via Facebook page on Monday, March 18 that they were dating. Some people, however, believe that their romantic relationship is just an effort to build good image for the two athletes.
New York Post wrote on Friday, March 22 that the announcement of them dating "was a carefully crafted P.R. move." A source said, "It is a match made in marketing heaven. It immediately makes him more sympathetic, and makes Vonn a household name as she reaches a crucial point in her skiing career, the 2014 Winter Olympics. They know the sponsors are watching."
Dorothy Cascerceri, Senior Editor at In Touch Weekly Magazine told Fox News, "[It] kind of makes you wonder is this kind of publicity stunt." She added, "Certainly Lindsey Vonn is a very well known Olympic skier, but she's not that well known. She's not a household name, but she's going to be, now that's she dating Tiger Woods."
Cascerceri also said that the relationship would benefit Woods, "If someone like Lindsey Vonn, who's kind of a good girl, sweetie pie, is into him, and she's giving him a second chance, then maybe people in the public will be willing to give him a second chance as well."
Meanwhile, Woods explained why he and Vonn announced their relationship on Facebook, completed with pictures of the couple on the post. "It's very simple. We're very happy where we're at, but also we wanted to limit the stalk-a-razzi and all those sleazy websites that are out there following us," he told media during a press conference in Arnold Palmer Invitational.
He added, "I've had situations where it's been very dangerous for my kids and the extent they'll go to. We basically devalued the first photos. Unfortunately that's just the way it is in our society right now, and we felt like it was the best thing to do and are very happy about it."
More Tiger Woods News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'