Seth Meyers May Succeed Jimmy Fallon on 'Late Night' Show
As rumors about the transition on "The Tonight Show" are still running wild, a speculation on who may replace Jimmy Fallon should he take over Jay Leno's post arises. A source reveals that Seth Meyers is the contender to be the new "Late Night" show host.
"Lorne Michaels wants Seth to take over from Fallon. It would be perfect for him," the source tells The New York Post's Page Six. The source adds, "Tina Fey's name had also come up, but she has said she was too busy to do it."
On the other hand, Leno won't be necessarily jobless if NBC replaces him with Fallon. Steve Pruett, the chairman of FOX's affiliate board, has said the network wants the 62-year-old comedian for a new late-night show at 11 o'clock. "If FOX were to present the right business plan, the affiliate board would be interested," he states.
Hollywood manager Howard Lapides, who has repped Carson Daly and Jimmy Kimmel among many others, also comments on the possibility of Leno moving to another network. "If Jay Leno was my client I would take him straight to FOX tomorrow," he claims.
Lapides goes on gushing that Leno "could take a sizable crowd with him," adding that "Fallon will eventually develop his own audience, but it could take years."
While Leno's contract won't expire until September 2014, it's said that some top executives at NBCUniversal wanted Fallon to replace Leno on "Tonight Show" beginning February 2014, though some others didn't want to rush the transition. It has also been rumored that "Tonight Show" could move back to New York, but NBC only confirmed that it's indeed building a new studio for Fallon in the city where he's currently hosting "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon".
NBC is expected to make the official announcement regarding the transition on "Tonight Show" at the May upfront presentation to advertisers.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked