'Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters' Reveals First Images
Five first images from "Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters" have landed online. The photos give a first look at Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson), Alexandra Daddario (Annabeth Chase), and Brandon T. Jackson (Grover), along with new cast members Leven Rambin (Clarisse LaRue), Douglas Smith (Tyson the Cyclops), and Stanley Tucci (Dionysus) in the "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" sequel.
"It's fun to go back to your old shoes once again and play around,'' Logan said about returning to the second film. "And it's always fun to have a sword in your hand, especially when you're doing scenes which involve fighting monsters. I'm still a kid. I love doing that stuff."
"I'm a little more comfortable with the sword," added Logan. "We need it since there are bigger monsters. If you're going to make a sequel you gotta scale it up a little bit."
The sequel finds Percy Jackson, the son of Poseidon, continuing his epic journey to fulfill his destiny, as he teams with his demigod friends to retrieve the Golden Fleece, which has the power to save their home and training ground, Camp Half-Blood.
Directed by Thor Freudenthal with a script by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski, "Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters" also stars Mary Birdsong, Yvette Nicole Brown, Missi Pyle, Nathan Fillion, Anthony Head, Paloma Kwiatkowski, Robert Maillet and Zoe Aggeliki. The film is set to hit U.S. theaters on August 16.
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money