Video Premiere: Jessica Sanchez's 'Tonight' Ft. Ne-Yo
"American Idol" viewers knew season eleven runner-up Jessica Sanchez could really sing when she competed in the hit TV reality series last year. However, fans will be surprised to see that the 17-year-old has some pretty decent dancing skills too when they get to watch her music video with R 'n' B prince Ne-Yo as they team up for her new single entitled "Tonight".
The track is a cut off the belter's debut album "Me, You & the Music" set to be released on April 30. The petite singer debuted the song Thursday, March 21, during an appearance on "Idol" in the episode where contestant Paul Jolley got the least number of votes and was bumped off the show.
Although Ne-Yo does not disappoint loyal followers with his smooth vocals and trademark swagger in the clip, Sanchez obviously takes control of the record from beginning to end. The R 'n' B crooner is all confident in his supporting role to the up-and-coming artist, letting the young belter take the spotlight with her song-and-dance combo perhaps inspired by what her fellow "Idol" alum, judge Jennifer Lopez does a lot of.
Although Sanchez was clearly one of the outstanding contestants on season eleven of "Idol", her talent was apparently not enough to overshadow that of the eventual winner Phillip Phillips, who has had a successful debut album and is set to go on tour with John Mayer, opening for the singer/guitarist's forthcoming "Born and Raised" tour.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?