Video Premiere: Jessica Sanchez's 'Tonight' Ft. Ne-Yo
"American Idol" viewers knew season eleven runner-up Jessica Sanchez could really sing when she competed in the hit TV reality series last year. However, fans will be surprised to see that the 17-year-old has some pretty decent dancing skills too when they get to watch her music video with R 'n' B prince Ne-Yo as they team up for her new single entitled "Tonight".
The track is a cut off the belter's debut album "Me, You & the Music" set to be released on April 30. The petite singer debuted the song Thursday, March 21, during an appearance on "Idol" in the episode where contestant Paul Jolley got the least number of votes and was bumped off the show.
Although Ne-Yo does not disappoint loyal followers with his smooth vocals and trademark swagger in the clip, Sanchez obviously takes control of the record from beginning to end. The R 'n' B crooner is all confident in his supporting role to the up-and-coming artist, letting the young belter take the spotlight with her song-and-dance combo perhaps inspired by what her fellow "Idol" alum, judge Jennifer Lopez does a lot of.
Although Sanchez was clearly one of the outstanding contestants on season eleven of "Idol", her talent was apparently not enough to overshadow that of the eventual winner Phillip Phillips, who has had a successful debut album and is set to go on tour with John Mayer, opening for the singer/guitarist's forthcoming "Born and Raised" tour.
Jessica Sanchez's "Tonight" (feat. Ne-Yo) music video
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!
- Sara Sampaio Strips Down to Sheer Lingerie in Sultry New Slefie
- Drake Debuts New Song 'Signs' at Louis Vuitton's Paris Fashion Show
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer