Video Premiere: Jessica Sanchez's 'Tonight' Ft. Ne-Yo
"American Idol" viewers knew season eleven runner-up Jessica Sanchez could really sing when she competed in the hit TV reality series last year. However, fans will be surprised to see that the 17-year-old has some pretty decent dancing skills too when they get to watch her music video with R 'n' B prince Ne-Yo as they team up for her new single entitled "Tonight".
The track is a cut off the belter's debut album "Me, You & the Music" set to be released on April 30. The petite singer debuted the song Thursday, March 21, during an appearance on "Idol" in the episode where contestant Paul Jolley got the least number of votes and was bumped off the show.
Although Ne-Yo does not disappoint loyal followers with his smooth vocals and trademark swagger in the clip, Sanchez obviously takes control of the record from beginning to end. The R 'n' B crooner is all confident in his supporting role to the up-and-coming artist, letting the young belter take the spotlight with her song-and-dance combo perhaps inspired by what her fellow "Idol" alum, judge Jennifer Lopez does a lot of.
Although Sanchez was clearly one of the outstanding contestants on season eleven of "Idol", her talent was apparently not enough to overshadow that of the eventual winner Phillip Phillips, who has had a successful debut album and is set to go on tour with John Mayer, opening for the singer/guitarist's forthcoming "Born and Raised" tour.
Jessica Sanchez's "Tonight" (feat. Ne-Yo) music video
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent