Video Premiere: Jessica Sanchez's 'Tonight' Ft. Ne-Yo
"American Idol" viewers knew season eleven runner-up Jessica Sanchez could really sing when she competed in the hit TV reality series last year. However, fans will be surprised to see that the 17-year-old has some pretty decent dancing skills too when they get to watch her music video with R 'n' B prince Ne-Yo as they team up for her new single entitled "Tonight".
The track is a cut off the belter's debut album "Me, You & the Music" set to be released on April 30. The petite singer debuted the song Thursday, March 21, during an appearance on "Idol" in the episode where contestant Paul Jolley got the least number of votes and was bumped off the show.
Although Ne-Yo does not disappoint loyal followers with his smooth vocals and trademark swagger in the clip, Sanchez obviously takes control of the record from beginning to end. The R 'n' B crooner is all confident in his supporting role to the up-and-coming artist, letting the young belter take the spotlight with her song-and-dance combo perhaps inspired by what her fellow "Idol" alum, judge Jennifer Lopez does a lot of.
Although Sanchez was clearly one of the outstanding contestants on season eleven of "Idol", her talent was apparently not enough to overshadow that of the eventual winner Phillip Phillips, who has had a successful debut album and is set to go on tour with John Mayer, opening for the singer/guitarist's forthcoming "Born and Raised" tour.
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does