Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson May Get His Own 'Fast and Furious' Spin-Off
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's "Fast Five" character, Luke Hobbs, may get his own "Fast and Furious" film. In a recent interview with Empire, he talked about a potential spin-off which could be released before "Fast and Furious 7".
"[The spin-off could arrive] possibly after this one or after the next one, possibly, I'm not quite too sure. I know that's the goal and we continue to build that character and have him take shape. But yes, I can't wait," the 40-year-old actor said.
Johnson's Hobbs was introduced in "Fast Five" as a DSS Agent who goes after Dom (Vin Diesel), Brian (Paul Walker), and the rest of the gang. The wrestler reprises the role in "Fast and Furious 6", as Hobbs recruits Dom and Co. to go after a highly-trained group of mercenaries, lead by Owen Shaw (Luke Evans) who is aided by a ruthless second-in-command which was later revealed to be the love Dom thought was dead, Letty (Michelle Rodriguez).
The Justin Lin-directed film will open in U.S. theaters on May 24 and also stars Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Sung Kang, Gal Gadot, Chris "Ludacris" Bridges, Elsa Pataky, and Gina Carano.
Johnson will be having a prolific year in 2013, with "Snitch", "G.I. Joe: Retaliation", "Pain and Gain", and "Empire State" in addition to the sixth "Fast and Furious" movie in the bag.
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary