Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson May Get His Own 'Fast and Furious' Spin-Off
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's "Fast Five" character, Luke Hobbs, may get his own "Fast and Furious" film. In a recent interview with Empire, he talked about a potential spin-off which could be released before "Fast and Furious 7".
"[The spin-off could arrive] possibly after this one or after the next one, possibly, I'm not quite too sure. I know that's the goal and we continue to build that character and have him take shape. But yes, I can't wait," the 40-year-old actor said.
Johnson's Hobbs was introduced in "Fast Five" as a DSS Agent who goes after Dom (Vin Diesel), Brian (Paul Walker), and the rest of the gang. The wrestler reprises the role in "Fast and Furious 6", as Hobbs recruits Dom and Co. to go after a highly-trained group of mercenaries, lead by Owen Shaw (Luke Evans) who is aided by a ruthless second-in-command which was later revealed to be the love Dom thought was dead, Letty (Michelle Rodriguez).
The Justin Lin-directed film will open in U.S. theaters on May 24 and also stars Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Sung Kang, Gal Gadot, Chris "Ludacris" Bridges, Elsa Pataky, and Gina Carano.
Johnson will be having a prolific year in 2013, with "Snitch", "G.I. Joe: Retaliation", "Pain and Gain", and "Empire State" in addition to the sixth "Fast and Furious" movie in the bag.
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Katy Perry Tears Up as She Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims at London Gig
- Rosario Dawson in Talks for 'X-Men: New Mutants', Two Others Eyed to Play Mirage
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli