Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson May Get His Own 'Fast and Furious' Spin-Off
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's "Fast Five" character, Luke Hobbs, may get his own "Fast and Furious" film. In a recent interview with Empire, he talked about a potential spin-off which could be released before "Fast and Furious 7".
"[The spin-off could arrive] possibly after this one or after the next one, possibly, I'm not quite too sure. I know that's the goal and we continue to build that character and have him take shape. But yes, I can't wait," the 40-year-old actor said.
Johnson's Hobbs was introduced in "Fast Five" as a DSS Agent who goes after Dom (Vin Diesel), Brian (Paul Walker), and the rest of the gang. The wrestler reprises the role in "Fast and Furious 6", as Hobbs recruits Dom and Co. to go after a highly-trained group of mercenaries, lead by Owen Shaw (Luke Evans) who is aided by a ruthless second-in-command which was later revealed to be the love Dom thought was dead, Letty (Michelle Rodriguez).
The Justin Lin-directed film will open in U.S. theaters on May 24 and also stars Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Sung Kang, Gal Gadot, Chris "Ludacris" Bridges, Elsa Pataky, and Gina Carano.
Johnson will be having a prolific year in 2013, with "Snitch", "G.I. Joe: Retaliation", "Pain and Gain", and "Empire State" in addition to the sixth "Fast and Furious" movie in the bag.
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- Watch The Heffleys' Messy Road Trip in 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul' First Teaser
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time