Jake Gyllenhaal, Tobey Maguire and Jeff Bridges May Replace Jude Law in 'Jane Got a Gun'
As the search to find Jude Law's replacement in "Jane Got a Gun" begins, a few names surface as potential candidates. They are "Source Code" male lead Jake Gyllenhaal, Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man" star Tobey Maguire, and "True Grit" actor Jeff Bridges.
Anyone chosen to fill in the vacant slot left by the "Sherlock Holmes" actor is expected to play the main villain in the indie drama western. According to L.A. Times, director Gavin O'Connor is looking for an actor with an international brand "who also looks good in a hat."
Law withdrew himself from the movie simply because he was signed on to work with director Lynne Ramsay. The female filmmaker reportedly didn't show up on the first day of filming. Rumor has it, she actually left the project two days prior due to personal issues.
Natalie Portman will play the heroine named Jane Hammond, and Joel Edgerton will be her sidekick Dan Frost. The story revolves around the farmer wife of an outlaw husband who, after his gang turns on him, must defend herself with the help of an old lover.
Edgerton was tapped to replace Michael Fassbender, who was previously attached to co-star the "Thor" leading lady as the old lover but bailed out due to scheduling conflicts.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival