Jake Gyllenhaal, Tobey Maguire and Jeff Bridges May Replace Jude Law in 'Jane Got a Gun'
As the search to find Jude Law's replacement in "Jane Got a Gun" begins, a few names surface as potential candidates. They are "Source Code" male lead Jake Gyllenhaal, Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man" star Tobey Maguire, and "True Grit" actor Jeff Bridges.
Anyone chosen to fill in the vacant slot left by the "Sherlock Holmes" actor is expected to play the main villain in the indie drama western. According to L.A. Times, director Gavin O'Connor is looking for an actor with an international brand "who also looks good in a hat."
Law withdrew himself from the movie simply because he was signed on to work with director Lynne Ramsay. The female filmmaker reportedly didn't show up on the first day of filming. Rumor has it, she actually left the project two days prior due to personal issues.
Natalie Portman will play the heroine named Jane Hammond, and Joel Edgerton will be her sidekick Dan Frost. The story revolves around the farmer wife of an outlaw husband who, after his gang turns on him, must defend herself with the help of an old lover.
Edgerton was tapped to replace Michael Fassbender, who was previously attached to co-star the "Thor" leading lady as the old lover but bailed out due to scheduling conflicts.
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21