Jake Gyllenhaal, Tobey Maguire and Jeff Bridges May Replace Jude Law in 'Jane Got a Gun'
As the search to find Jude Law's replacement in "Jane Got a Gun" begins, a few names surface as potential candidates. They are "Source Code" male lead Jake Gyllenhaal, Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man" star Tobey Maguire, and "True Grit" actor Jeff Bridges.
Anyone chosen to fill in the vacant slot left by the "Sherlock Holmes" actor is expected to play the main villain in the indie drama western. According to L.A. Times, director Gavin O'Connor is looking for an actor with an international brand "who also looks good in a hat."
Law withdrew himself from the movie simply because he was signed on to work with director Lynne Ramsay. The female filmmaker reportedly didn't show up on the first day of filming. Rumor has it, she actually left the project two days prior due to personal issues.
Natalie Portman will play the heroine named Jane Hammond, and Joel Edgerton will be her sidekick Dan Frost. The story revolves around the farmer wife of an outlaw husband who, after his gang turns on him, must defend herself with the help of an old lover.
Edgerton was tapped to replace Michael Fassbender, who was previously attached to co-star the "Thor" leading lady as the old lover but bailed out due to scheduling conflicts.
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture