Beyonce Knowles Enjoys Sunshine in 'H and M' Summer Campaign
H&M unveiled a picture of their 2013 Summer Campaign which features Beyonce Knowles. The picture which was taken in Nassau, Bahamas, shows the "Halo" singer posing sexily while lounging on the beach. She wears silk top, hot pants, high-heeled shoes and bangles from the company's latest collection. The pop star worked with photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin for the photoshoot.
The H&M ads will appear on TV, printed media and billboards. Especially for print ads and billboards, H&M will introduce "Beyonce as Mrs. Carter in H&M" which refers to Beyonce's upcoming world tour. Her latest song "Standing on the Sun" will be revealed for the first time in the commercials.
"I really loved the concept we collaborated on to explore the different emotions of women represented by the four elements - fire, water, earth and wind. It was a beautiful shoot on a tropical island. It felt more like making a video than a commercial," Beyonce commented on the photoshoot. She added, "I've always liked H&M's focus on fun and affordable fashion." Beyonce is not only featured in the ads, but she also contributes to H&M products' design.
H&M Creative Director Donald Schneider explained the theme of the 2013 Summer Campaign, saying, "H&M's summer campaign starring Beyonce is an epic fantasy, with glamour, drama and also a sense of paradise." H&M believes that having Beyonce as their brand endorser is perfect for the strong, vulnerable, sensual, maternal, fun, and flirtatious image of the clothing line.
"It was amazing to watch her on the shoot make it all look effortless - a quality that makes her such an icon for women around the world. The campaign is the essence of Beyonce, and also the essence of H&M this summer," Schneider said. H&M's 2013 Summer collection will be available in stores starting from May.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest