JoJo Premieres Music Video for 'Andre'
After moving from her native Boston to Los Angeles, 22-year-old singer JoJo is back to making music, bringing a new sound more grown-up compared to her younger "Too Little, Too Late" days. To mark her return, the pop/R 'n' B star drops a new music video for the song "Andre" off her December-released mixtape "Agape" where she writes about recent experiences.
The four-minute-plus visuals tries to depict the song JoJo herself composed inspired by rapper/record producer Andre Benjamin. "It's not a creepy ode to being obsessed with him, FYI, but it's just what he represents is what totally I find attractive in a man; someone who's an individual, someone who's themselves unapologetically. I just think that's such a turn on," the singer/songwriter openly admits her admiration for the Outkast member.
Apart from paying homage to Andre 3000, the clip also shows fans a glimpse of the type of guy the single artist might get attracted to, who in the video praises her with a special exhibit art piece. "I love weirdos. I like them intellectual," revealed the young artist. "For example, guys from another country or another place that I'm not familiar with or maybe he studied something I find fascinating. I love an alternative intellectual."
Other than her ideal man, JoJo writes about more other stuff in her new street album, which shows her growth as an artist. "On this mixtape, my friends, The Backpack Kids, who I did this with gave me a safe place to be myself. There was no expectations. We just went in and did it because we love music. And we just love everything about it, so that's why I call it a labor of love," she said.
More JoJo News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics