JoJo Premieres Music Video for 'Andre'
After moving from her native Boston to Los Angeles, 22-year-old singer JoJo is back to making music, bringing a new sound more grown-up compared to her younger "Too Little, Too Late" days. To mark her return, the pop/R 'n' B star drops a new music video for the song "Andre" off her December-released mixtape "Agape" where she writes about recent experiences.
The four-minute-plus visuals tries to depict the song JoJo herself composed inspired by rapper/record producer Andre Benjamin. "It's not a creepy ode to being obsessed with him, FYI, but it's just what he represents is what totally I find attractive in a man; someone who's an individual, someone who's themselves unapologetically. I just think that's such a turn on," the singer/songwriter openly admits her admiration for the Outkast member.
Apart from paying homage to Andre 3000, the clip also shows fans a glimpse of the type of guy the single artist might get attracted to, who in the video praises her with a special exhibit art piece. "I love weirdos. I like them intellectual," revealed the young artist. "For example, guys from another country or another place that I'm not familiar with or maybe he studied something I find fascinating. I love an alternative intellectual."
Other than her ideal man, JoJo writes about more other stuff in her new street album, which shows her growth as an artist. "On this mixtape, my friends, The Backpack Kids, who I did this with gave me a safe place to be myself. There was no expectations. We just went in and did it because we love music. And we just love everything about it, so that's why I call it a labor of love," she said.
More JoJo News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones