Avril Lavigne Previews New Single 'Here's to Never Growing Up'
Pop-rock star Avril Lavigne has a new single "Here's to Never Growing Up" and has dropped a short teaser to give her fans a snippet of the new song, the lead track off her forthcoming new album. The still-untitled set will be the 28-year-old artist's fifth studio album and follow-up to her 2011 recording "Goodbye Lullaby" which reached a high of No. 4 on Billboard Hot 200.
"SO STOKED to share a clip of my new single & a chance for you to be in the lyric video!" Lavigne said on Twitter. The singer thus opens a contest where fans can submit a video clip of themselves singing the tune on her official Facebook page.
Fans would have to wait until April 9 for the full song to premiere, but from the sneak peak, they can already hear the catchy, radio-friendly hook. Lavigne herself co-wrote the song with her fiance, Nickelback's Chad Kroeger. It was then produced by Boys Like Girls frontman Martin Johnson, who has also produced tracks for Miley Cyrus, Good Charlotte and Taylor Swift.
The potential hit will be Lavigne's first with Epic Records which she moved to from RCA after the disappointing results of "Goodbye Lullaby". At Epic, she is reunited with record producer and former RCA colleague L.A. Reid, the record label's head honcho.
Avril Lavigne's "Here's to Never Growing Up" Teaser:
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son