Avril Lavigne Previews New Single 'Here's to Never Growing Up'
Pop-rock star Avril Lavigne has a new single "Here's to Never Growing Up" and has dropped a short teaser to give her fans a snippet of the new song, the lead track off her forthcoming new album. The still-untitled set will be the 28-year-old artist's fifth studio album and follow-up to her 2011 recording "Goodbye Lullaby" which reached a high of No. 4 on Billboard Hot 200.
"SO STOKED to share a clip of my new single & a chance for you to be in the lyric video!" Lavigne said on Twitter. The singer thus opens a contest where fans can submit a video clip of themselves singing the tune on her official Facebook page.
Fans would have to wait until April 9 for the full song to premiere, but from the sneak peak, they can already hear the catchy, radio-friendly hook. Lavigne herself co-wrote the song with her fiance, Nickelback's Chad Kroeger. It was then produced by Boys Like Girls frontman Martin Johnson, who has also produced tracks for Miley Cyrus, Good Charlotte and Taylor Swift.
The potential hit will be Lavigne's first with Epic Records which she moved to from RCA after the disappointing results of "Goodbye Lullaby". At Epic, she is reunited with record producer and former RCA colleague L.A. Reid, the record label's head honcho.
Avril Lavigne's "Here's to Never Growing Up" Teaser:
More Avril Lavigne News
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame