'Arrow' Actor Stephen Amell Says He 'Had a Meeting' About 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
Stephen Amell becomes the latest actor linked to movie adaptation of erotic book "Fifty Shades of Grey". The "Arrow" hunk reveals in a video message posted on his Facebook that he did have a meeting about the project but insisted he hadn't signed any contract.
"I get questions about Christian Grey all the time. That project is a long way off. I know this, because I had a meeting about it," the 31-year-old star continues. "Long way off. I mean, not that long, but not close. I wouldn't call it long, but I wouldn't call it close."
Originally titled "Master of the Universe" as an alternate version of "Twilight" on free fan-fiction websites, the book revolves around the dominant/submissive relationship between wealthy businessman Christian Grey and naive college student Anastasia Steele.
Universal Pictures and Focus Features acquired rights to adapt the story, which has spanned into a trilogy, to the big screen. "The Social Network" producers Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti were handpicked by author E.L. James to produce the film.
No cast has been officially announced. "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" actress Emma Watson was previously linked to play Anastasia but she denied the rumor.
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour