'American Idol' Boots Paul Jolley Out
Another man bit the dust on "American Idol". After Curtis Finch Jr. was voted out by viewers last week, Paul Jolley got the boot this week as announced on the Thursday, March 21 results show.
Jolley sang Heart's "Alone" for his survival song, but the judges decided to not to use their save card. "Unfortunately Ryan it's not unanimous, no, thank you Paul, good luck, baby, good luck," Randy Jackson said when Ryan Seacrest asked the judges' decision.
Earlier that night, Jimmy Iovine had predicted that Paul would be on the bottom three, judging from his performance the night before. "He did make some very simple mistakes," the music producer said, adding that Paul wasn't ready for primetime.
In a shocking turn, Amber Holcomb who was one of the judges' favorites also landed on the bottom three along with Devin Velez. "I'm really shocked that Amber's in the Bottom Three," Randy said. "I can't believe that." Jimmy even earlier said that Amber was in his top three.
Luckily, Amber will return next week along with Devin, Candice Glover, Angie Miller, Janelle Arthur, Kree Harrison, Burnell Taylor and Lazaro Arbos.
Meanwhile, catering the audience that night were former "Idol" contestants Casey Abrams and Jessica Sanchez. The former performed a jazzy take on The Beatles' "I Saw Her Standing There", while the latter sang her new single "Tonight".
More American Idol News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris