'American Idol' Boots Paul Jolley Out
Another man bit the dust on "American Idol". After Curtis Finch Jr. was voted out by viewers last week, Paul Jolley got the boot this week as announced on the Thursday, March 21 results show.
Jolley sang Heart's "Alone" for his survival song, but the judges decided to not to use their save card. "Unfortunately Ryan it's not unanimous, no, thank you Paul, good luck, baby, good luck," Randy Jackson said when Ryan Seacrest asked the judges' decision.
Earlier that night, Jimmy Iovine had predicted that Paul would be on the bottom three, judging from his performance the night before. "He did make some very simple mistakes," the music producer said, adding that Paul wasn't ready for primetime.
In a shocking turn, Amber Holcomb who was one of the judges' favorites also landed on the bottom three along with Devin Velez. "I'm really shocked that Amber's in the Bottom Three," Randy said. "I can't believe that." Jimmy even earlier said that Amber was in his top three.
Luckily, Amber will return next week along with Devin, Candice Glover, Angie Miller, Janelle Arthur, Kree Harrison, Burnell Taylor and Lazaro Arbos.
Meanwhile, catering the audience that night were former "Idol" contestants Casey Abrams and Jessica Sanchez. The former performed a jazzy take on The Beatles' "I Saw Her Standing There", while the latter sang her new single "Tonight".
More American Idol News
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role
- FOX Sets Fall Premiere Dates for 'The Orville', 'Empire' and More
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys Singing About Heartbreak After Split From Blake Shelton
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Cleavage in New Instagram Pics
- Does Rae Sremmurd Break Up? Swae Lee Tries 'to Steal All the Shine' From Slim Jimmy
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!