Bobby Brown Is Out of Jail After Serving Only 9 Hours
Singer Bobby Brown has been released from L.A. County Jail after serving mere 9 hours of his 55-day jail sentence. Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said that Brown was released and outfitted with an electronic ankle monitor Thursday, March 21 because of jail overcrowding and good behavior.
Jail records stated that Brown turned himself in to authorities on Wednesday, March 20 before 10 A.M. and was released at 6:58 P.M. Whitmore said that Brown would possibly serve no more than nine days due to jail overcrowding, time off for good behavior and credit for "good time work time." However, the county probation officials eventually decided to release him earlier and put an electronic ankle monitor on him, suggesting that he cannot travel outside his home for the time being.
A rep for the songwriter says in a statement that he is currently home with his family.
Brown was sentenced to 55 days in prison and four years probation last month after being arrested and charged for his third DUI in October 2012. The star, who pleaded no contest to the charges, also must complete an 18-month alcohol treatment program following his release. "Mr. Brown continues to remain committed to his sobriety," his attorney Christopher Brown says.
More Bobby Brown News
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia