Bobby Brown Is Out of Jail After Serving Only 9 Hours
Singer Bobby Brown has been released from L.A. County Jail after serving mere 9 hours of his 55-day jail sentence. Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said that Brown was released and outfitted with an electronic ankle monitor Thursday, March 21 because of jail overcrowding and good behavior.
Jail records stated that Brown turned himself in to authorities on Wednesday, March 20 before 10 A.M. and was released at 6:58 P.M. Whitmore said that Brown would possibly serve no more than nine days due to jail overcrowding, time off for good behavior and credit for "good time work time." However, the county probation officials eventually decided to release him earlier and put an electronic ankle monitor on him, suggesting that he cannot travel outside his home for the time being.
A rep for the songwriter says in a statement that he is currently home with his family.
Brown was sentenced to 55 days in prison and four years probation last month after being arrested and charged for his third DUI in October 2012. The star, who pleaded no contest to the charges, also must complete an 18-month alcohol treatment program following his release. "Mr. Brown continues to remain committed to his sobriety," his attorney Christopher Brown says.
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016