Bobby Brown Is Out of Jail After Serving Only 9 Hours
Singer Bobby Brown has been released from L.A. County Jail after serving mere 9 hours of his 55-day jail sentence. Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said that Brown was released and outfitted with an electronic ankle monitor Thursday, March 21 because of jail overcrowding and good behavior.
Jail records stated that Brown turned himself in to authorities on Wednesday, March 20 before 10 A.M. and was released at 6:58 P.M. Whitmore said that Brown would possibly serve no more than nine days due to jail overcrowding, time off for good behavior and credit for "good time work time." However, the county probation officials eventually decided to release him earlier and put an electronic ankle monitor on him, suggesting that he cannot travel outside his home for the time being.
A rep for the songwriter says in a statement that he is currently home with his family.
Brown was sentenced to 55 days in prison and four years probation last month after being arrested and charged for his third DUI in October 2012. The star, who pleaded no contest to the charges, also must complete an 18-month alcohol treatment program following his release. "Mr. Brown continues to remain committed to his sobriety," his attorney Christopher Brown says.
More Bobby Brown News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen