Authorities Investigate Nadya Suleman for Alleged Welfare Fraud
Nadya Suleman is being investigated for possible welfare fraud. Last week, an anonymous person made a report to the Los Angeles County Department of Welfare Fraud Prevention and Investigation, saying that the Octomom had been collecting welfare benefits such as food stamps.
"I can confirm that the authorities have been in contact with us concerning her income and we have been cooperating," a source told E! News. Based on California law, people may get government's assistance if their annual income is less than $119,000. Nadya, however, reportedly makes $200,000 a year from her public appearance and adult video. If the allegation proves to be true, Nadya could face more than 3 years in prison.
The Octomom admitted to Huftington Post in January that she was back to government's assistance because she went to rehabilitation for anti-anxiety drug addiction. "Going through recovery was an important step for me to take. Although it set me back financially a little bit, it was worth it. My choice to go back on assistance is only a temporary one. At this time my family needs the medical, dental and food assistance because it is so expensive," she said back then.
Suleman becomes a mother of 14 children, after giving birth to eight babies in 2009. Having such huge responsibilities, Suleman felt exhausted both physically and mentally. "I was starting to crack. And it got worse. I had all these panic attacks," Suleman said.
She, therefore, decided to get help. "There was a team of doctors and psychiatrists assessing me and diagnosing me. I was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder. Severe post-traumatic stress. In order words, [like] someone who's a soldier in war, I feel like I'm still in war sometimes. But we have to win, right? There are 15 lives at stake," she said in a footage of OWN's "Where Are They Now".
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns