Authorities Investigate Nadya Suleman for Alleged Welfare Fraud
Nadya Suleman is being investigated for possible welfare fraud. Last week, an anonymous person made a report to the Los Angeles County Department of Welfare Fraud Prevention and Investigation, saying that the Octomom had been collecting welfare benefits such as food stamps.
"I can confirm that the authorities have been in contact with us concerning her income and we have been cooperating," a source told E! News. Based on California law, people may get government's assistance if their annual income is less than $119,000. Nadya, however, reportedly makes $200,000 a year from her public appearance and adult video. If the allegation proves to be true, Nadya could face more than 3 years in prison.
The Octomom admitted to Huftington Post in January that she was back to government's assistance because she went to rehabilitation for anti-anxiety drug addiction. "Going through recovery was an important step for me to take. Although it set me back financially a little bit, it was worth it. My choice to go back on assistance is only a temporary one. At this time my family needs the medical, dental and food assistance because it is so expensive," she said back then.
Suleman becomes a mother of 14 children, after giving birth to eight babies in 2009. Having such huge responsibilities, Suleman felt exhausted both physically and mentally. "I was starting to crack. And it got worse. I had all these panic attacks," Suleman said.
She, therefore, decided to get help. "There was a team of doctors and psychiatrists assessing me and diagnosing me. I was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder. Severe post-traumatic stress. In order words, [like] someone who's a soldier in war, I feel like I'm still in war sometimes. But we have to win, right? There are 15 lives at stake," she said in a footage of OWN's "Where Are They Now".
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift