Jay Leno Takes Another Jab at NBC
Jay Leno took a shot at NBC's low ratings again. After calling the executives "snakes" a couple days before, the host of "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" called the network "extinct" during his opening monologue on the show that aired on Wednesday, March 20.
"According to several reports, scientists say they are getting closer and closer to being able to do 'Jurassic Park'-style cloning of extinct species," Leno told his audience. "Imagine that. Things that were once thought to be extinct could be brought back from the dead. So there's hope for NBC. It could turn around."
Hours before Leno made the offensive joke about NBC, rumors ran wild that the "Tonight Show" would move back to New York with Jimmy Fallon as the new host to replace Leno. The network hasn't officially announced the switch, but confirmed that it's indeed creating a new studio for Fallon in New York.
Amidst the transition reports, Leno has been poking fun at NBC. On Monday's show, Leno called the NBC executives "snakes." "You know the whole legend of St. Patrick, right? St. Patrick drove all the snakes out of Ireland -and then they came to the United States and became NBC executives," he joked.
On Tuesday, he brought up a report about a Serbian woman with a rare brain condition that causes her to see the world upside down. He quipped, "Isn't that crazy? It's unbelievable. She sees everything upside down. In fact, she thinks NBC is at the top of the ratings."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture