Jay Leno Takes Another Jab at NBC
Jay Leno took a shot at NBC's low ratings again. After calling the executives "snakes" a couple days before, the host of "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" called the network "extinct" during his opening monologue on the show that aired on Wednesday, March 20.
"According to several reports, scientists say they are getting closer and closer to being able to do 'Jurassic Park'-style cloning of extinct species," Leno told his audience. "Imagine that. Things that were once thought to be extinct could be brought back from the dead. So there's hope for NBC. It could turn around."
Hours before Leno made the offensive joke about NBC, rumors ran wild that the "Tonight Show" would move back to New York with Jimmy Fallon as the new host to replace Leno. The network hasn't officially announced the switch, but confirmed that it's indeed creating a new studio for Fallon in New York.
Amidst the transition reports, Leno has been poking fun at NBC. On Monday's show, Leno called the NBC executives "snakes." "You know the whole legend of St. Patrick, right? St. Patrick drove all the snakes out of Ireland -and then they came to the United States and became NBC executives," he joked.
On Tuesday, he brought up a report about a Serbian woman with a rare brain condition that causes her to see the world upside down. He quipped, "Isn't that crazy? It's unbelievable. She sees everything upside down. In fact, she thinks NBC is at the top of the ratings."
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson