Chris O'Dowd Has Cameo Role in 'Thor: The Dark World'
Chris O'Dowd will make a cameo appearance in "Thor: The Dark World". In an interview with Indiewire, he admitted that he had filmed one scene in Alan Taylor's upcoming film just for fun. "I think I'll do more dramatic stuff and I think I have some stuff coming out that's a bit more dramatic," the 33-year-old actor said in the interview.
"I don't know if I'd do an action movie because I don't know if I could keep a straight face honestly," O'Dowd continued. "I love watching them but I can't imagine me doing one. Actually, you know what I've done, just for fun."
"Because I didn't think there was any way that I could be in a superhero movie, so I've done a scene in the new 'Thor' movie, just for that. I just do like one scene, which was quite fun," he added. However, there are still no confirmations on what role the "Bridesmaids" actor plays.
Back in November 2012, O'Dowd's Twitter post hinted at his involvement in the film starring Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman. "So today I'm filming a date scene with Natalie Portman. #UpTheRossies," he tweeted.
"Thor: The Dark World" also stars Kat Dennings, Anthony Hopkins, Zachary Levi, Idris Elba, Ray Stevenson, Christopher Eccleston and Jaimie Alexander. The film centers on Thor who fights to restore order across the cosmos, but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. The second film of "Thor" will hit U.S. theaters on November 8.
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed
- Artist of the Week: Bruno Mars
- 'The Walking Dead' Star on Daryl's Part in the Latest Death: 'It Weighs Heavily on Him'
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories