New 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Trailer: Benedict Cumberbatch Seeks Attention and Revenge
A new trailer for "Star Trek Into Darkness" has just been unleashed, giving a hint at the motive behind John Harrison's attack on the fleet. "Your commanders have committed a crime I cannot forgive," he says in a threatening voice. More dramatic scenes are shared as Captain Kirk offers himself to go after the nemesis.
When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.
With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.
Benedict Cumberbatch takes the villainous role with Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana, Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg and John Cho reprising their roles as Kirk, Nyota Uhura, Spock, Scotty and Hikaru Sulu respetively.
J.J. Abrams returns to helm the "Star Trek" sequel, while Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, Damon Lindelof and Bruce Greenwood team up to write the script. This sci-fi action movie is set to grace theaters across the nation on May 17.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son