New 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Trailer: Benedict Cumberbatch Seeks Attention and Revenge
A new trailer for "Star Trek Into Darkness" has just been unleashed, giving a hint at the motive behind John Harrison's attack on the fleet. "Your commanders have committed a crime I cannot forgive," he says in a threatening voice. More dramatic scenes are shared as Captain Kirk offers himself to go after the nemesis.
When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.
With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.
Benedict Cumberbatch takes the villainous role with Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana, Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg and John Cho reprising their roles as Kirk, Nyota Uhura, Spock, Scotty and Hikaru Sulu respetively.
J.J. Abrams returns to helm the "Star Trek" sequel, while Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, Damon Lindelof and Bruce Greenwood team up to write the script. This sci-fi action movie is set to grace theaters across the nation on May 17.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding