'Pacific Rim' New Images Show Destruction After Kaijo Attacks
Guillermo del Toro's upcoming science-fiction film "Pacific Rim" releases two new teaser photos. Both display the aftermath of the attacks done by invading giant monsters which have mysteriously risen from the sea. One shows a damaged area in town and the other sees a sea shore fenced with what look like concrete bars.
The image showing the residential place is captioned with, "We will rebuild the city around its bones." The other featuring a crew of white-dressed, masked men cleaning up the beach is attached to a note that reads, "Kaiju Blue clean-up detail: an endless, thankless task."
The movie will follow human as they are struggling to defend mankind. Massive robots, called Jaegers, are created and controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge to combat the monstrous Kaiju, but to no avail.
On the verge of defeat, they turn to two unlikely heroes-a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi) to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind's last hope against the mounting apocalypse.
Also starring Idris Elba, the film will be released across the country starting June 12 this year.
More Pacific Rim News
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money