'Transformers 4' Returns to Detroit for Filming, Reveals Official Plot
Good news for "Transformers" fans who've been eagerly awaiting tidbits about the next installment of the franchise. Michigan Film Office has just announced that Michael Bay and his crew will return to Detroit to film "Transformers 4". The Office also unveils synopsis of the upcoming action film.
[SPOILER ALERT] As humanity picks up the pieces, following the conclusion of "Transformers: Dark of the Moon", Autobots and Decepticons have all but vanished from the face of the planet. However, a group of powerful, ingenious businessman and scientists attempt to learn from past Transformer incursions and push the boundaries of technology beyond what they can control - all while an ancient, powerful Transformer menace sets Earth in his crosshairs. The epic adventure and battle between good and evil, freedom and enslavement ensues.
"Transformers 4" is the third film in the series to use Detroit as a backdrop. The first "Transformers", released in 2007, and "Transformers: Dark of the Moon", released in 2011, also filmed in metro Detroit. Both films star Shia LaBeouf as the male lead with Megan Fox as the leading lady in the former and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley replacing her in the latter.
LaBeouf won't reprise his role as Sam Witwicky in the fourth film. Mark Wahlberg and Jack Reynor are attached to play the key roles. The actress who will be playing the female lead hasn't been announced.
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters
- Choa Announces She's Leaving AOA, Insists It's Not Because She's Pregnant
- Will Jared Leto Reprise The Joker Role for Harley Quinn Spin-Off?
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Posts Lowest Opening in the Franchise
- Ashton Kutcher Claims He Had Hooking Up Agreement With Mila Kunis
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Assassinating Donald Trump: 'Maybe It's Time'