Video Premiere: Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines' Ft. T.I. and Pharrell Williams
Robin Thicke is back, dropping a new music video for his single "Blurred Lines" and he brought in a couple of big names from the world of hip-hop to help him out. Featuring Grand Hustle boss T.I. and mega record producer Pharrell Williams, the new track is the lead single of his forthcoming new album, his sixth studio set scheduled to be released sometime late this year.
In the four-and-a-half-minute Diane Martel-directed clip, the 36-year-old R 'n' B singer looks dapper in a suit, recently made trendier by the equally stylish and often described similar-sounding Justin Timberlake in his "Suit & Tie" track performances. However Thicke opts to lose the neck tie or bow for a less formal look, perhaps to match T.I.'s laid-back ensemble and Pharrell's even more casual metallic silver get-up, as they reveal their fun side while posing with three lovely models in the clip.
Prior to its full premiere today, "The Real Husbands of Hollywood" star premiered some footage from his new music video after the finale of his hit BET show on Tuesday, March 19. "I figured this was a great song with a personality that matched the show. The silliness and the sexiness, we just felt like it was the perfect song to air at the end of the show to keep that life alive," said the multi-talented artist.
As for his much-awaited album, the composer/musician revealed he already had 40 songs in the bag that he could choose from. "As Pharrell understands, when you are trying to make your own journey as an artist, you can make the fun stuff but you gotta make sure that it expresses your life and where you're at. That is more important to me than topping the charts," he said.
More Robin Thicke News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen