Ryan Gosling to Take a Break From Acting
Ryan Gosling announced in a recent interview that he was going to take a break from acting. The 32-year-old actor felt he had oversaturated the market and would go on a Hollywood hiatus after the release of his upcoming film, "The Place Beyond the Pines."
"I've been doing it too much," Gosling explained. "I've lost perspective on what I'm doing. I think it's good for me to take a break and reassess why I'm doing it and how I'm doing it. And I think this is probably a good way to learn about that. I need a break from myself as much as I imagine the audience does."
"The more opportunities I'm given, the more I learn about how easy it is to f**k it up," he talked about the pros and cons of being a bona fide movie star. "You fight for freedom and then you get it, and then you have enough rope to hang yourself. It's like trying to exercise some restraint because I do have so much freedom."
Gosling has been in the entertainment industry since the young age of 8. He was famously part of the Mickey Mouse Club along with Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. He hit a new level of fame with "The Notebook", the 2004 romance co-starring Rachel McAdams.
Gosling often obsessively plunges into a character. For "Lars and the Real Girl", he lived with the doll. In "Blue Valentine", he stayed in a Scranton, Pennsylvania, house for a month. For "Pines", he learned to skillfully ride his motorbike. In the film he stars in alongside real girlfriend Eva Mendes, Gosling admitted he "overdid" the tattoos.
"I said to [director Derek Cianfrance], 'I got to lose this face tattoo. It's the worst. It's so distracting and it's going to ruin everything.' And he said, 'Well, I'm sure that's how people with face tattoos feel. So now you have to pay the consequences of your actions.' So I had to do the whole film with it and now see it on posters. It gave me a sense of shame that I feel was inherent to the character."
More Ryan Gosling News
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Bella Hadid Set to Make Her Victoria's Secret Debut, Gigi Hadid Confirmed to Return
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image