Ryan Gosling to Take a Break From Acting
Ryan Gosling announced in a recent interview that he was going to take a break from acting. The 32-year-old actor felt he had oversaturated the market and would go on a Hollywood hiatus after the release of his upcoming film, "The Place Beyond the Pines."
"I've been doing it too much," Gosling explained. "I've lost perspective on what I'm doing. I think it's good for me to take a break and reassess why I'm doing it and how I'm doing it. And I think this is probably a good way to learn about that. I need a break from myself as much as I imagine the audience does."
"The more opportunities I'm given, the more I learn about how easy it is to f**k it up," he talked about the pros and cons of being a bona fide movie star. "You fight for freedom and then you get it, and then you have enough rope to hang yourself. It's like trying to exercise some restraint because I do have so much freedom."
Gosling has been in the entertainment industry since the young age of 8. He was famously part of the Mickey Mouse Club along with Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. He hit a new level of fame with "The Notebook", the 2004 romance co-starring Rachel McAdams.
Gosling often obsessively plunges into a character. For "Lars and the Real Girl", he lived with the doll. In "Blue Valentine", he stayed in a Scranton, Pennsylvania, house for a month. For "Pines", he learned to skillfully ride his motorbike. In the film he stars in alongside real girlfriend Eva Mendes, Gosling admitted he "overdid" the tattoos.
"I said to [director Derek Cianfrance], 'I got to lose this face tattoo. It's the worst. It's so distracting and it's going to ruin everything.' And he said, 'Well, I'm sure that's how people with face tattoos feel. So now you have to pay the consequences of your actions.' So I had to do the whole film with it and now see it on posters. It gave me a sense of shame that I feel was inherent to the character."
More Ryan Gosling News
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia