Bobby Brown Begins Serving 55-Day Jail Sentence for DUI
Whitney Houston's ex-husband Bobby Brown handed himself over to authorities in Los Angeles on Wednesday, March 20. He was taken into Van Nuys, California courtroom to serve a nearly two-month jail sentence following his most recent driving under the influence conviction.
"It happened without incident. He was quiet. He just went in," a source inside the custody told the Daily News. The father of Bobbi Kristina Brown appeared with his high-powered attorney Tiffany Feder.
Brown will possibly serve no more than nine days in county jail due to jail overcrowding, time off for good behavior and credit for "good time work time." Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said, "The time expected, all things being equal, is about eight days. But he could get out in a matter of days and go on electronic monitoring. It's really tough to say exactly."
Lawyer Christopher Brown released a statement regarding his client's decision to turn himself in as ordered. "Mr. Brown has accepted responsibility for what occurred last October," he said. Brown, who pleaded no contest to the charges, will be under four years of informal probation and must complete an 18-month alcohol treatment program following his release. "Mr. Brown continues to remain committed to his sobriety," the lawyer added. "Mr. Brown is pleased that the matter has been resolved."
Brown was sentenced to 55 days in prison and four years probation in February after being arrested and charged for his third DUI in October 2012. The 44-year-old singer was pulled over for driving erratically and was arrested in Studio City, California after the officer detected "a strong scent of alcohol."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation