Rapper Too Short Arrested for DUI and Felony Narcotics Possession
Rapper Too Short got arrested in Los Angeles on Wednesday morning, March 20. He was booked for DUI and felony narcotics possession. He is currently in custody and held on $10,000 bail.
According to TMZ, the police initially pulled his car over because of unspecified traffic violation. However, when the officers inspected him, Short reportedly appeared under influence.
The police decided to administer breathalyzer test on him, but he tried to escape. Lt. Marc Reina of the Los Angeles Police Department told New York Daily News that Short "ran from officers and actually tripped and fell. He got maybe half a block and was taken into custody there." A source reported that Short's test result was 0.9, higher than the legal limit of 0.8.
The authorities hauled him off to the police station, but things got worse on the way. Short reportedly attempted to dump the narcotics. "He discarded narcotics in the police car," Lt. Reina said.
Short's manager David Weintraub stated, "He's okay. It was a rough night. Too Short is a good guy who's had a 30-year career and sold 40 million records. It's just unfortunate this happened. We'll get to the bottom of it."
Short had been arrested twice before, one for DUI in 2009 and the other for misdemeanor battery in 2010. He later was rumored getting involved in Las Vegas shooting which killed rapper Kenny Clutch in February 2013. Short denied the rumor via his Facebook page shortly after the incident, saying that he had "no knowledge or connection to this incident."
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance