Jude Law Exits Natalie Portman's 'Jane Got a Gun' After Lynne Ramsay Left
Natalie Portman's indie drama western "Jane Got a Gun" suffers another setback. After being forced to delay production following director Lynne Ramsay's abrupt exit on the first day of filming, now the movie loses one of its producers Jude Law.
Deadline reports it was not creative differences that caused Law's withdrawal. The "Sherlock Holmes" actor walks out of the project simply because he was signed on to work with Ramsay who hasn't said a word about her last-minute exit.
The movie has found a replacement for Ramsay. Gavin O'Connor is now helming the film with Joel Edgerton, who worked with him on "Warrior", set to play the male lead. Portman is still attached to play the heroine and serve as one of the producers.
She will play the farmer wife of an outlaw husband, who, after his gang turns on him, must defend herself with the help of an old lover (Edgerton). Michael Fassbender was previously attached to co-star the "Thor" leading lady as the old lover but he withdrew from the project due to scheduling conflicts.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift