Saoirse Ronan and Max Irons Hit Green Carpet of 'The Host' Hollywood Premiere
Young stars gathered at ArcLight Cinemas Cinerama Dome in Los Angeles to support the Hollywood premiere of "The Host (2013)" on Tuesday night, March 19. Getting the spotlight were none other than Saoirse Ronan and Max Irons who take the key roles in the movie.
Ronan looked simple yet elegant in a short red Lanvin dress paired with black heels. She wore minimum makeup and let her straight blonde hair loose. Her on-screen love interest, Irons, was equally charming in a Gucci suit matched with Christian Louboutin shoes.
The twosome were joined by co-stars Diane Kruger and Jake Abel for pose outside the theater. Dressing in a sheer black Thakoon dress and futuristic silver Jimmy Choo sandals, Kruger came with boyfriend Joshua Jackson. Abel, meanwhile, looked dapper in a Dior suit.
On the green carpet, Kruger said she didn't realize how devoted Stephenie Meyer's fans were until recently. "Of course, I knew 'Twilight' was big and all that, but we did a poster signing a couple of days ago here in Los Angeles and thousands of people showed up," she shared. "I finally realized that this might be a different ball of wax. I got asked out on a date! I got gifts. It was kind of neat."
Meyer herself didn't miss the special screening, walking hand-in-hand with husband Christian Meyer. Another cast member Chandler Canterbury was spotted among the attendees, which also included Bella Thorne, Christian Serratos, Claudia Lee and Alexandra Daddario.
"The Host" is based on Stephenie Meyer's novel of the same title. The story is set in the future, where Earth is occupied by a species who erase the minds of their human hosts, leaving their bodies intact. Melanie Stryder (Ronan) is one of the last surviving humans who fights back, risking her life for the people she cares about most - Jared (Irons), Ian (Abel), her brother Jamie (Canterbury) and her Uncle Jeb (William Hurt) - proving that love can conquer all.
Andrew Niccol adapts the book into a screenplay in addition to serving as the helmer. The fantasy romance movie will open wide in U.S. theaters on March 29.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic