Sam Raimi to Direct FOX's Pilot 'Rake'
After news broke last week that Ang Lee would direct FX's pilot "Tyrant", Sam Raimi is confirmed to be another high profile filmmaker that is set to make his first foray into television. Raimi has agreed to direct FOX's hour-long drama pilot "Rake".
Produced by Sony Pictures TV, "Rake" stars Greg Kinnear as Keegan Joye, a criminal defense lawyer with a lack of any filter. The pilot revolves around the chaotic and comedic life of Joyce who is also described as having a gambling habit. The pilot is based on an ongoing Australian show of the same name that stars "Moulin Rouge!" actor Richard Roxburgh.
In addition to directing, Raimi will executive produce the pilot alongside original series creator Peter Duncan, Peter Tolan, Michael Wimer, Richard Roxburgh and Ian Collie. Kinnear is co-executive producing. The production is set to begin in a few days.
Besides his TV directorial debut, "Rake" also marks the fourth time Raimi teams up with Sony Pictures. He previously directed the original "Spider-Man" trilogy.
Raimi's recent work, "Oz: The Great and Powerful", has had a major success since released on March 8. The movie which stars James Franco and Mila Kunis has ruled North American Box Office by earning $80.3 million on its opening weekend.
More Rake News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers