Sam Raimi to Direct FOX's Pilot 'Rake'
After news broke last week that Ang Lee would direct FX's pilot "Tyrant", Sam Raimi is confirmed to be another high profile filmmaker that is set to make his first foray into television. Raimi has agreed to direct FOX's hour-long drama pilot "Rake".
Produced by Sony Pictures TV, "Rake" stars Greg Kinnear as Keegan Joye, a criminal defense lawyer with a lack of any filter. The pilot revolves around the chaotic and comedic life of Joyce who is also described as having a gambling habit. The pilot is based on an ongoing Australian show of the same name that stars "Moulin Rouge!" actor Richard Roxburgh.
In addition to directing, Raimi will executive produce the pilot alongside original series creator Peter Duncan, Peter Tolan, Michael Wimer, Richard Roxburgh and Ian Collie. Kinnear is co-executive producing. The production is set to begin in a few days.
Besides his TV directorial debut, "Rake" also marks the fourth time Raimi teams up with Sony Pictures. He previously directed the original "Spider-Man" trilogy.
Raimi's recent work, "Oz: The Great and Powerful", has had a major success since released on March 8. The movie which stars James Franco and Mila Kunis has ruled North American Box Office by earning $80.3 million on its opening weekend.
More Rake News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby