Mumford and Sons to Headline Lollapalooza 2013
It's still a month before organizers C3 Presents are set to announce the official line-up for this year's Lollapalooza, but they can't seem to wait any longer when they revealed that Grammy Award-winning act Mumford & Sons would perform in the summer music festival in Chicago. They will no less lead the three-day event with three other rock bands from August 2 to 4 at the Grant Park.
The Marcus Mumford-fronted band will headline the gig along with French alternative rock band Phoenix, indie rock group Vampire Weekend and rock quartet The Killers. Indie rock band The National and electronic music group Postal Service will also be playing.
All the headliners are currently at the top of their game, with Mumford & Sons having had the best start this year with their Album of the Year win at last February's Grammys. Phoenix is set to release a new album "Bankrupt!" next month while Vampire Weekend will release their third studio effort "Modern Vampires of the City" in May.
Lollapalooza is expected to showcase more than a hundred artists who will be playing on eight different stages throughout the three-day festival period. This gig could be the last in Postal Service's current tour, a reunion between vocalist Ben Gibbard and producer Jimmy Tamborello on the occasion of the 10th year anniversary of their debut album, "Give Up".
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern