Mumford and Sons to Headline Lollapalooza 2013
It's still a month before organizers C3 Presents are set to announce the official line-up for this year's Lollapalooza, but they can't seem to wait any longer when they revealed that Grammy Award-winning act Mumford & Sons would perform in the summer music festival in Chicago. They will no less lead the three-day event with three other rock bands from August 2 to 4 at the Grant Park.
The Marcus Mumford-fronted band will headline the gig along with French alternative rock band Phoenix, indie rock group Vampire Weekend and rock quartet The Killers. Indie rock band The National and electronic music group Postal Service will also be playing.
All the headliners are currently at the top of their game, with Mumford & Sons having had the best start this year with their Album of the Year win at last February's Grammys. Phoenix is set to release a new album "Bankrupt!" next month while Vampire Weekend will release their third studio effort "Modern Vampires of the City" in May.
Lollapalooza is expected to showcase more than a hundred artists who will be playing on eight different stages throughout the three-day festival period. This gig could be the last in Postal Service's current tour, a reunion between vocalist Ben Gibbard and producer Jimmy Tamborello on the occasion of the 10th year anniversary of their debut album, "Give Up".
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship