Christina Ricci Exits 'Girlfriend in a Coma' Pilot
Christina Ricci won't be NBC's "Girlfriend in a Coma" anyway. It has been confirmed that the 33-year-old actress departed the project. It is said that she came up with the decision after the first table read.
Ricci was the first major actor to be cast for the pilot. She was set to play Karen, a 34-year-old woman who has been in a coma for seventeen years. Karen wakes to discover that she has a 17-year-old daughter named Evie, to be played by "iCarly" star Miranda Cosgrove. "Home Alone" actor Daniel Stern and "A League of Their Own" actress Ann Cusack were cast to play Karen's parents, who have been raising Evie.
"Girlfriend in a Coma" was initially scheduled to be filmed in New York, where Ricci is based. It is unclear whether the production will remain in New York, or if it will be moved to Los Angeles. Following the departure of the actress, the pilot will undergo recasting to find the new Karen.
Based on Douglas Coupland's novel of the same name, the pilot is penned by "Nurse Jackie" writer Liz Brixius. Along with Brixius, "Law & Order" mastermind Dick Wolf serves as the executive producer.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'