Christina Ricci Exits 'Girlfriend in a Coma' Pilot
Christina Ricci won't be NBC's "Girlfriend in a Coma" anyway. It has been confirmed that the 33-year-old actress departed the project. It is said that she came up with the decision after the first table read.
Ricci was the first major actor to be cast for the pilot. She was set to play Karen, a 34-year-old woman who has been in a coma for seventeen years. Karen wakes to discover that she has a 17-year-old daughter named Evie, to be played by "iCarly" star Miranda Cosgrove. "Home Alone" actor Daniel Stern and "A League of Their Own" actress Ann Cusack were cast to play Karen's parents, who have been raising Evie.
"Girlfriend in a Coma" was initially scheduled to be filmed in New York, where Ricci is based. It is unclear whether the production will remain in New York, or if it will be moved to Los Angeles. Following the departure of the actress, the pilot will undergo recasting to find the new Karen.
Based on Douglas Coupland's novel of the same name, the pilot is penned by "Nurse Jackie" writer Liz Brixius. Along with Brixius, "Law & Order" mastermind Dick Wolf serves as the executive producer.
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!
- Khloe Kardashian Tries to 'Move On and Focus on Herself' During Her 'Sad' 32nd Birthday
- Ansel Elgort Is in Talks to Star in 'Dungeons and Dragons' Reboot
- Did Britney Spears Delay Single to Include Sample of Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River'?
- George Clooney Reportedly 'Refused' to Protect Wife Amal From 'Bloodthirsty Terrorists'
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction