Christina Ricci Exits 'Girlfriend in a Coma' Pilot
Christina Ricci won't be NBC's "Girlfriend in a Coma" anyway. It has been confirmed that the 33-year-old actress departed the project. It is said that she came up with the decision after the first table read.
Ricci was the first major actor to be cast for the pilot. She was set to play Karen, a 34-year-old woman who has been in a coma for seventeen years. Karen wakes to discover that she has a 17-year-old daughter named Evie, to be played by "iCarly" star Miranda Cosgrove. "Home Alone" actor Daniel Stern and "A League of Their Own" actress Ann Cusack were cast to play Karen's parents, who have been raising Evie.
"Girlfriend in a Coma" was initially scheduled to be filmed in New York, where Ricci is based. It is unclear whether the production will remain in New York, or if it will be moved to Los Angeles. Following the departure of the actress, the pilot will undergo recasting to find the new Karen.
Based on Douglas Coupland's novel of the same name, the pilot is penned by "Nurse Jackie" writer Liz Brixius. Along with Brixius, "Law & Order" mastermind Dick Wolf serves as the executive producer.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard