Christina Ricci Exits 'Girlfriend in a Coma' Pilot
Christina Ricci won't be NBC's "Girlfriend in a Coma" anyway. It has been confirmed that the 33-year-old actress departed the project. It is said that she came up with the decision after the first table read.
Ricci was the first major actor to be cast for the pilot. She was set to play Karen, a 34-year-old woman who has been in a coma for seventeen years. Karen wakes to discover that she has a 17-year-old daughter named Evie, to be played by "iCarly" star Miranda Cosgrove. "Home Alone" actor Daniel Stern and "A League of Their Own" actress Ann Cusack were cast to play Karen's parents, who have been raising Evie.
"Girlfriend in a Coma" was initially scheduled to be filmed in New York, where Ricci is based. It is unclear whether the production will remain in New York, or if it will be moved to Los Angeles. Following the departure of the actress, the pilot will undergo recasting to find the new Karen.
Based on Douglas Coupland's novel of the same name, the pilot is penned by "Nurse Jackie" writer Liz Brixius. Along with Brixius, "Law & Order" mastermind Dick Wolf serves as the executive producer.
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary