Gossip's Beth Ditto Arrested After Kicking Man in the Crotch
Gossip's lead singer Beth Ditto was arrested in her hometown of Portland on Saturday, March 16 at 01:42 A.M. for disorderly conduct. The trouble began Friday night at Bungalo Bar in Portland, where a bartender reportedly cut her off from more drinks for being too drunk.
"By 01:30 A.M. Beth was completely blackout drunk challenging people to fights," said a witness. The witness claimed the 32-year-old rocker was out of the club after she kicked the bartender. "The bartender called the police because she kicked him in balls," the witness added.
"She walked out in the middle of the street, threw off her shoes and purse and screamed 'Obama! Obama!' as friends arrived to try to put her in a car," another witness said. "The cops came -like 10 or 12 cars."
According to a report from the Portland Police Bureau, Beth, whose real name is Mary Beth Patterson, was standing in the middle of the street with her arms extended from her sides like an airplane, and she was shouting as she blocked traffic.
"Four cars were stopped in the road and one driver was honking his/her horn and yelling for Patterson to get out of the street," the report said. "Patterson did not respond to police commands to get out of the street so she was taken into custody without incident and transported to jail for disorderly conduct in the second degree."
Beth was later released with no bail posted. A court date is still pending. If found guilty, Ditto could face up to six months in prison and may receive a fine of up to $2,500.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked