Gossip's Beth Ditto Arrested After Kicking Man in the Crotch
Gossip's lead singer Beth Ditto was arrested in her hometown of Portland on Saturday, March 16 at 01:42 A.M. for disorderly conduct. The trouble began Friday night at Bungalo Bar in Portland, where a bartender reportedly cut her off from more drinks for being too drunk.
"By 01:30 A.M. Beth was completely blackout drunk challenging people to fights," said a witness. The witness claimed the 32-year-old rocker was out of the club after she kicked the bartender. "The bartender called the police because she kicked him in balls," the witness added.
"She walked out in the middle of the street, threw off her shoes and purse and screamed 'Obama! Obama!' as friends arrived to try to put her in a car," another witness said. "The cops came -like 10 or 12 cars."
According to a report from the Portland Police Bureau, Beth, whose real name is Mary Beth Patterson, was standing in the middle of the street with her arms extended from her sides like an airplane, and she was shouting as she blocked traffic.
"Four cars were stopped in the road and one driver was honking his/her horn and yelling for Patterson to get out of the street," the report said. "Patterson did not respond to police commands to get out of the street so she was taken into custody without incident and transported to jail for disorderly conduct in the second degree."
Beth was later released with no bail posted. A court date is still pending. If found guilty, Ditto could face up to six months in prison and may receive a fine of up to $2,500.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed