Hugh Jackman to Star in Paramount's Drama 'Six Years'
Hugh Jackman is attached to play the lead role in "Six Years", a movie based Harlan Coben's upcoming novel. The casting news is the first one that links Jackman to a main role since he got an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of Jean Valjean in musical drama "Les Miserables".
The movie will follow Jake Fisher who spends six years of hiding a broken heart by throwing himself into his career as a college professor after watching the love of his life marry another man, or so he thought. When six years haven't come close to extinguishing his feelings, he forces himself to attend his love rival's funeral in hopes to catch a glimpse of his former lover.
Fisher's perfect-picture memory of his love is completely turned upside down when the mourning widow he saw is not the woman who broke his heart. Secrets entangled with lies start to unravel as he's searching for the truth. The complete story will be unfold when the book is made available for purchase starting March 19.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Paramount won the rights to bring the story to the big screen after beating four bidders including 20th Century Fox. Tom Rothman, the former Fox chief, is reportedly in negotiations to produce alongside Mark Gordon. No screenwriter and director are chosen to get involved in the production.
Coben landed at No. 1 on the New York Times best-seller list with his previous five novels. Though so, only one has been adapted for the big screen. His 2001 book "Tell No One" is made into a French-language film directed by Guillaume Canet. Warner Bros. plans to remake it with Ben Affleck attached to direct and Chris Terrio writing.
Jackman's next movies include "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and "The Wolverine".
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors