Lindsay Lohan Gets 90 Days in Rehab, Avoids Jail
Lindsay Lohan avoided jail after she accepted a plea deal on Monday, March 18 to misdemeanor charges related to a June 2012 car crash. The deal includes 90 days in a locked rehabilitation facility. Judge James Dabney stressed out, "She is not allowed to leave the facility at all."
Lohan must also spend 18 months in therapy, serve 30 days of community service and pay unspecified fine as part of the agreement. "A suggestion- don't drive," judge Dabney told the 26-year-old starlet after he handed down her sentence. "Please take this seriously."
The judge said that both the rehab and the community service could be done in New York, and Lohan didn't have to show up for progress hearings in L.A. as long as she's in compliance with the deal. "I am pleased with the outcome," said Santa Monica's Chief Deputy City Attorney, Terry White. "We got what we offered."
"I'm very confident that you won't be seeing Lindsay Lohan in any criminal courts any time in the future," Lohan's lawyer, Mark Heller, said outside the courthouse. "She has fully recognized all of the issues that have to be addressed, and I'm very confident she'll be able to move forward in her life with dignity, pride and respect."
Earlier the day, Lohan arrived 45 minutes late to her scheduled hearing. She reportedly missed her original Sunday night flight from New York to Los Angeles, and caught a flight on a private jet provided by a Los Angeles-based energy drink company for which she has made promotional appearances. "Thanks Mr. Pink for the private jet see you all in a few hours in LA," she tweeted on early Monday.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video