'Modern Family' Star Sarah Hyland Joins Criminal Gang on 'Bonnie and Clyde'
Sarah Hyland will channel her bad side for her next TV project. The 22-year-old actress lands a role on "Bonnie & Clyde" miniseries, which will air on two AETN networks, History Channel and Lifetime.
The Haley Dunphy depicter on ABC's "Modern Family" will portray Blanche Barrow, the wife of Clyde's brother Buck and the famed outlaw's partner in crime in the Barrow Gang. Lane Garrison has been earlier cast as Buck.
"Bonnie & Clyde" will also star Oscar winner William Hurt as Frank Hamer, a Texas Ranger known for his involvement in tracking and killing the 1930s outlaws, and Academy Award-winning actress Holly Hunter as Emma Parker, Bonnie's mother. Austin Hebert is additionally cast as Ted Hinton, the youngest member of Frank Hamer's posse.
Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, who have worked together for "Smash" and "Steel Magnolias" movie remake, will executive produce the miniseries. Written by John Rice and Joe Batteer, the upcoming "Bonnie & Clyde" miniseries is based on the true story of bank robbing couple Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow. The show hasn't cast the titular characters, though Miley Cyrus was once rumored to tackle the lead female role.
Hyland will be seen in another Lifetime project, an original movie titled "Call Me Crazy: A Five Film". She joins Jennifer Hudson, Melissa Leo and Octavia Spencer in the sequel to Jennifer Aniston's breast cancer anthology "Five".
- Amber Rose Holds Hands With a Man While Leaving Nightclub
- J.Lo Premieres Heartbreaking Spanish Ballad 'Mirate' at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- Nick Cannon Blasts Nicki Minaj's Booty on 'The Wendy Williams Show'
- First Look at Bobbi Kristina Brown Biopic Revealed
- Tilda Swinton Talks About Pig Dreams in Bizzare Viral Video for 'Okja'
- Dream Comes True! Kylie Jenner to Give Travis Scott a Horse for His 25th Birthday
- Listen to Katy Perry's Seductive Song 'Bon Appetit' Ft. Migos
- Bella Hadid Shows Off Lacy Bra and Flat Tummy in Crop Hoodie