'Modern Family' Star Sarah Hyland Joins Criminal Gang on 'Bonnie and Clyde'
Sarah Hyland will channel her bad side for her next TV project. The 22-year-old actress lands a role on "Bonnie & Clyde" miniseries, which will air on two AETN networks, History Channel and Lifetime.
The Haley Dunphy depicter on ABC's "Modern Family" will portray Blanche Barrow, the wife of Clyde's brother Buck and the famed outlaw's partner in crime in the Barrow Gang. Lane Garrison has been earlier cast as Buck.
"Bonnie & Clyde" will also star Oscar winner William Hurt as Frank Hamer, a Texas Ranger known for his involvement in tracking and killing the 1930s outlaws, and Academy Award-winning actress Holly Hunter as Emma Parker, Bonnie's mother. Austin Hebert is additionally cast as Ted Hinton, the youngest member of Frank Hamer's posse.
Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, who have worked together for "Smash" and "Steel Magnolias" movie remake, will executive produce the miniseries. Written by John Rice and Joe Batteer, the upcoming "Bonnie & Clyde" miniseries is based on the true story of bank robbing couple Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow. The show hasn't cast the titular characters, though Miley Cyrus was once rumored to tackle the lead female role.
Hyland will be seen in another Lifetime project, an original movie titled "Call Me Crazy: A Five Film". She joins Jennifer Hudson, Melissa Leo and Octavia Spencer in the sequel to Jennifer Aniston's breast cancer anthology "Five".
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'