Justin Timberlake to Release 'The 20/20 Experience' Sequel This Year
During his "The 20/20 Experience" album release party Monday night, March 18 at the El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles, pop/dance music superstar Justin Timberlake confirmed rumors that he would release another album this year. He revealed the second installment completes his new album for 2013, with "20/20" being just the first of two halves that make up his entire project.
"I need to clear up a rumor," Timberlake said during the event in an interview with Ryan Seacrest. "Those rumors are true," referring to speculations that he will make a follow-up to "The 20/20 Experience" which was set to be released the next day.
The rumors were actually started by The Roots' drummer and "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" bandleader Questlove. The musician, who worked with Timberlake during his weeklong appearance on Fallon's late-night show and who opened for JT's SXSW performance, dropped the major spoiler that got everyone talking over the 32-year-old entertainer's plans to release two albums within a single year.
"20/20 Vol 2 comes out in nov. (10 songs now... 10 songs later = 20 vision," Questlove first revealed. The "Suit & Tie" singer saw the album release party as a perfect venue to make the public confirmation. Soon after, popular TV and radio show host Seacrest turned to Twitter to spread the word on JT's affirmation about the sequel, although no release date has been hinted at yet.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby