Rihanna's '777' Documentary Lands on FOX, Will Air in May
FOX has snatched exclusive rights to air Rihanna's concert documentary "Rihanna 777" on Monday, May 6. The film "provides an inside look at the singer's ambitious and often turbulent tour, from the sound of popping champagne corks on the plane to the backstage chaos to the singer's special worldwide appearances," the network says in a statement.
In the one hour special, fans will witness behind-the-scenes of Rihanna's 2012 "777" World Tour, the promotional tour for her seventh album "Unapologetic". The film will highlight the Barbadian singer's performances in seven cities in seven days, including Mexico City, Toronto, Stockholm, Paris, Berlin, London and New York. Fans will also get to discover the chaotic life inside RiRi's private jet which was packed with hundreds of fans and journalists.
Fenty Films is behind the production of the film, in conjunction with Love Live and Gravite Creative.
It has been rumored that there might be a motive behind FOX's decision to acquire the rights of "Rihanna 777". The bid to bring the film to the network is predicted to be the network's attempt to offer the "Diamonds" singer a judge role on "The X Factor (US)". The singing competition has a few spots open on the judging panel, following the departures of Britney Spears and L.A. Reid.
Rihanna herself is not a newbie in TV business. The 25-year-old singer is currently the executive producer of Style Network 's "Styled to Rock", a fashion competition where 12 aspiring designers compete to style A-list stars.
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board