'Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters' Sequel Is Officially a Go
Paramount and MGM have officially announced that "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" sequel is in the works. The two companies greenlight the follow-up to the Tommy Wirkola-directed film after the first film crossed $200 million at the global box office.
A reimagining of the classic fairytale with a twist, the January 24 release starring Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton was a flop in North America box office as it opened at $19.6 million and grossed $54 million so far on a reported $50 million budget. The action comedy movie, however, was well-received overseas, raking in more than $150 million for a worldwide total of $205 million.
There is no word on whether Renner and Arterton, who played the adult version of the titular siblings, will reprise their roles in the sequel. Meanwhile, Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Kevin Messick who produced the first movie are expected to return for "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 2".
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed