'Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters' Sequel Is Officially a Go
Paramount and MGM have officially announced that "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" sequel is in the works. The two companies greenlight the follow-up to the Tommy Wirkola-directed film after the first film crossed $200 million at the global box office.
A reimagining of the classic fairytale with a twist, the January 24 release starring Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton was a flop in North America box office as it opened at $19.6 million and grossed $54 million so far on a reported $50 million budget. The action comedy movie, however, was well-received overseas, raking in more than $150 million for a worldwide total of $205 million.
There is no word on whether Renner and Arterton, who played the adult version of the titular siblings, will reprise their roles in the sequel. Meanwhile, Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Kevin Messick who produced the first movie are expected to return for "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 2".
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle