'Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters' Sequel Is Officially a Go
Paramount and MGM have officially announced that "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" sequel is in the works. The two companies greenlight the follow-up to the Tommy Wirkola-directed film after the first film crossed $200 million at the global box office.
A reimagining of the classic fairytale with a twist, the January 24 release starring Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton was a flop in North America box office as it opened at $19.6 million and grossed $54 million so far on a reported $50 million budget. The action comedy movie, however, was well-received overseas, raking in more than $150 million for a worldwide total of $205 million.
There is no word on whether Renner and Arterton, who played the adult version of the titular siblings, will reprise their roles in the sequel. Meanwhile, Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Kevin Messick who produced the first movie are expected to return for "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 2".
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child