'Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters' Sequel Is Officially a Go
Paramount and MGM have officially announced that "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" sequel is in the works. The two companies greenlight the follow-up to the Tommy Wirkola-directed film after the first film crossed $200 million at the global box office.
A reimagining of the classic fairytale with a twist, the January 24 release starring Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton was a flop in North America box office as it opened at $19.6 million and grossed $54 million so far on a reported $50 million budget. The action comedy movie, however, was well-received overseas, raking in more than $150 million for a worldwide total of $205 million.
There is no word on whether Renner and Arterton, who played the adult version of the titular siblings, will reprise their roles in the sequel. Meanwhile, Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Kevin Messick who produced the first movie are expected to return for "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 2".
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host