'Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters' Sequel Is Officially a Go
Paramount and MGM have officially announced that "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" sequel is in the works. The two companies greenlight the follow-up to the Tommy Wirkola-directed film after the first film crossed $200 million at the global box office.
A reimagining of the classic fairytale with a twist, the January 24 release starring Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton was a flop in North America box office as it opened at $19.6 million and grossed $54 million so far on a reported $50 million budget. The action comedy movie, however, was well-received overseas, raking in more than $150 million for a worldwide total of $205 million.
There is no word on whether Renner and Arterton, who played the adult version of the titular siblings, will reprise their roles in the sequel. Meanwhile, Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Kevin Messick who produced the first movie are expected to return for "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 2".
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says