will.i.am Announces Release Date and All-Star Collaborators on Solo Album
When will.i.am dropped the new song "That Power" featuring Justin Bieber last week, fans eagerly awaiting his new album were hoping that the release of the new single would soon usher his long-delayed solo project. They finally got the good news from the Black Eyed Peas founder, who in a press statement, announced that his much-anticipated album "#willpower" would be coming out next month, on April 23 to be exact.
Apart from Britney Spears in "Scream & Shout" and Bieber in "That Power", the songwriter and record producer has also enlisted the help of other A-list recording artists for his project. The list includes the attention-catching Miley Cyrus, controversial rap superstar Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, and rap mogul P. Diddy.
Completing the all-star Iine-up are The PussyCat Dolls' former member Nicole Scherzinger, hip-hop producer Hit-Boy, Waka Flocka Flame, Skylar Grey, Juicy J, Eva Simons, Baby Kaely, K-Pop group 2NE1 and will.i.am's fellow BEP member apl.de.ap. As a solo album, this one's looking to be a star-studded collaboration set with all the artists that have come out to support the 38-year-old's forthcoming studio effort.
"#willpower" comes years after will.i.am's 2007 recording "Songs About Girls". Its release was first anticipated back in 2012 when "Scream & Shout" came out in the last quarter of the year and again when a remix was done last month.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance