will.i.am Announces Release Date and All-Star Collaborators on Solo Album
When will.i.am dropped the new song "That Power" featuring Justin Bieber last week, fans eagerly awaiting his new album were hoping that the release of the new single would soon usher his long-delayed solo project. They finally got the good news from the Black Eyed Peas founder, who in a press statement, announced that his much-anticipated album "#willpower" would be coming out next month, on April 23 to be exact.
Apart from Britney Spears in "Scream & Shout" and Bieber in "That Power", the songwriter and record producer has also enlisted the help of other A-list recording artists for his project. The list includes the attention-catching Miley Cyrus, controversial rap superstar Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, and rap mogul P. Diddy.
Completing the all-star Iine-up are The PussyCat Dolls' former member Nicole Scherzinger, hip-hop producer Hit-Boy, Waka Flocka Flame, Skylar Grey, Juicy J, Eva Simons, Baby Kaely, K-Pop group 2NE1 and will.i.am's fellow BEP member apl.de.ap. As a solo album, this one's looking to be a star-studded collaboration set with all the artists that have come out to support the 38-year-old's forthcoming studio effort.
"#willpower" comes years after will.i.am's 2007 recording "Songs About Girls". Its release was first anticipated back in 2012 when "Scream & Shout" came out in the last quarter of the year and again when a remix was done last month.
More will.i.am News
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech