Lil Wayne in Stable Condition, Ready to Be Home Soon
As people are eager to find out Lil Wayne's latest condition, Birdman has announced good news for Weezy's fans. The Cash Money CEO revealed that the "Lollipop" rapper had made significant progress in his health recovery.
"He had a seizure and we brought him to the hospital. We've been here ever since. But he's doin' much better and he's in good shape right now," Birdman revealed during an interview on Hot 97's "Angie Martinez Show" on Monday afternoon, March 18. He denied TMZ's report that Wayne had multiple seizures.
Birdman insisted that his fellow rapper's condition was not related to sizzurp as rumored recently. Wayne would be home either March 18 or March 19, Birdman estimated. "He's recovered real good, he's doing real good. At any time, we're just waiting on the call," he said.
Meanwhile, Weezy is reported to have moved out of the Intensive Care Unit at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles. According to TMZ, the rap mogul's condition has stabilized and he has been moved to "regular room." The 30-year-old rapper is also said being able to walk around and eat on his own.
However, in an interview with XXLMag.com released on Monday, Mack Maine claimed that Weezy was never treated in ICU. "He's in the hospital regularly, [not ICU]," he said. Maine also clarified that Weezy's hospitalization did not have anything to do with drug use. "To me, it's just his work ethic... It had nothing to do with drugs," he told MTV.com. "He just needs to get some rest, relax, take it one day at a time."
Lil Wayne was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on March 12 after reportedly having multiple seazures. While treated there, Weezy was visited by several famous figures, including Nicki Minaj and Drake.
While Weezy is in the hospital, Mack Maine's new video "Celebrate" featuring the multiplatinum rapper was recently released. The clip also features Talib Kweli and Birdman.
More Lil Wayne News
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper