Video: FOX54's Anchor Jilian Pavlica Proposed by Boyfriend on 'Breaking News' Segment
A video of news anchor Jilian Pavlica getting proposed by her boyfriend Vince Ramos on live television has gone viral. The FOX54 news anchor received the sweet surprise Saturday night, March 16 when presenting a "breaking news" segment with two other male newscasters.
Unaware of her beau's proposal plan, Pavlica read teleprompter, "And we do have some breaking news to report to you. Fox 54 has just learned that a Huntsville news anchor is being proposed on live TV right now." She trailed off toward the end of her reading and started to laugh nervously when realizing what's happening.
Her male co-anchors took their cue and left her alone on the set before Ramos showed up in front of the camera. "Hello, my dear," he came to the female presenter who started to tear up. He took her hand and said, "Finally all our pieces are falling together. I can't picture a day in my life not waking up with you."
He got down on one knee and pulled the ring from his pocket. "Jillian Pavlica, will you marry me?" he popped the big question, to which she replied with a "yes," while crying happy tears. They kissed and the broadcast was closed with a weather forecast. "Here in the Fox 54 studios, a hundred percent chance of tears of joy tonight," said one anchor.
The news anchor later flaunted her engagement ring in a picture that showed her smiling from ear to ear. On "Today" show, the newly-engaged revealed that she was informed about the breaking news segment by a producer who gave her no chance to read the script before the live broadcast.
"One of the most amazing days of my life. We are so excited for the future!" she wrote on Facebook. "We are just overwhelmed at what's going on today! We thank each and every one of you for the well-wishes and congrats! Never did we think this video would go viral. Just trying to encompass our family in such a special day since they are so far away! Thank you all again!"
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video
- Ariana Grande Reveals Her Desire to Go Country
- Hilary Duff Confirms She's Dating Trainer Jason Walsh: 'He's a Great Guy'