ABC's 'Bachelor Pad' Not Returning This Summer
Dating show "Bachelor Pad" won't return for its fourth season this year after being one of ABC's favorite summer shows for three consecutive years. Executive producer Mike Fleiss revealed this when answering a question on Twitter.
While tweeting about Desiree Hartsock's first date with the guys during the filming of "The Bachelorette", a fan asked Fleiss about the premiere date of "Bachelor Pad". The producer of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" responded with a short answer, "Not happening this summer..."
The network confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that the show, which has been a solid little player for ABC in the summer months, would not return this year. The network neither gave reasons for not bringing the reality show back nor clarified whether the show, the fun spin-off of "The Bachelor", would make it to the fourth season or not.
Hosted by Chris Harrison, "Bachelor Pad" is a game show that features contestants from "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" who live together in a mansion and compete for a final cash prize. The third season's finale drew 4.5 million total viewers and a 1.3 rating in adults 18-49 demo, down 25 and 32 percent from the second season's closer.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance