Artist of the Week: Ace Hood
Ace Hood is ready to invade the charts once again. Three years in the making, his new album "Trials & Tribulations" already showed signs of chart domination even before it's released. One of its singles "Bugatti" ruled Billboard Heatseeker Songs chart and climbed at No. 11 on Rap Songs chart.
The chart-busting single was produced by Mike WiLL Made It with fellow rappers Future and Rick Ross as featured guests. Ace's first single since 2011's "Body 2 Body" featuring Chris Brown, it became Ace's most successful single to date, with him on the lead, as it peaked at No. 52 on Hot 100.
Ace is expected to follow up the "Bugatti" success with an album release later this summer. While waiting for the "Trials & Tribulations", fans can check out his "Starvation 2" mixtape. Another song, Meek Mill-assisted "Have Mercy", from "Tribulations" has also been streamed online.
In a promo video for the next album, he talks about embracing parenthood and shows off his vulnerable side as he cries and revisits the moment he had to take his baby off life support. His girlfriend welcomed twin girls, Lyric and Sailor, in 2001, but Lyric died shortly after birth due to health complications.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked