Artist of the Week: Ace Hood
Ace Hood is ready to invade the charts once again. Three years in the making, his new album "Trials & Tribulations" already showed signs of chart domination even before it's released. One of its singles "Bugatti" ruled Billboard Heatseeker Songs chart and climbed at No. 11 on Rap Songs chart.
The chart-busting single was produced by Mike WiLL Made It with fellow rappers Future and Rick Ross as featured guests. Ace's first single since 2011's "Body 2 Body" featuring Chris Brown, it became Ace's most successful single to date, with him on the lead, as it peaked at No. 52 on Hot 100.
Ace is expected to follow up the "Bugatti" success with an album release later this summer. While waiting for the "Trials & Tribulations", fans can check out his "Starvation 2" mixtape. Another song, Meek Mill-assisted "Have Mercy", from "Tribulations" has also been streamed online.
In a promo video for the next album, he talks about embracing parenthood and shows off his vulnerable side as he cries and revisits the moment he had to take his baby off life support. His girlfriend welcomed twin girls, Lyric and Sailor, in 2001, but Lyric died shortly after birth due to health complications.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris