Artist of the Week: Ace Hood
Ace Hood is ready to invade the charts once again. Three years in the making, his new album "Trials & Tribulations" already showed signs of chart domination even before it's released. One of its singles "Bugatti" ruled Billboard Heatseeker Songs chart and climbed at No. 11 on Rap Songs chart.
The chart-busting single was produced by Mike WiLL Made It with fellow rappers Future and Rick Ross as featured guests. Ace's first single since 2011's "Body 2 Body" featuring Chris Brown, it became Ace's most successful single to date, with him on the lead, as it peaked at No. 52 on Hot 100.
Ace is expected to follow up the "Bugatti" success with an album release later this summer. While waiting for the "Trials & Tribulations", fans can check out his "Starvation 2" mixtape. Another song, Meek Mill-assisted "Have Mercy", from "Tribulations" has also been streamed online.
In a promo video for the next album, he talks about embracing parenthood and shows off his vulnerable side as he cries and revisits the moment he had to take his baby off life support. His girlfriend welcomed twin girls, Lyric and Sailor, in 2001, but Lyric died shortly after birth due to health complications.
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200