'American Horror Story' Season 3 Will Feature Witches and Film in New Orleans
Ryan Murphy announced the subtitle for the third season of "American Horror Story" at PaleyFest on Friday night, March 15. The new installment of the anthology series will be called "American Horror Story: Coven", confirming speculations that the storyline will include witches.
"It's a really cool story we've been talking about for a couple of years. So we're going to do that," Murphy gushed. He added that the filming would take place in several "cool" locations, including New Orleans, sharing, "The fun thing is researching what are the really haunted places in America, and we have a couple doozy locales."
Confirming Kathy Bates' inclusion in the cast member, the actress herself showed up at the PaleyFest panel. Describing her character as "cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs," Murphy teased, "I wanted to see a lot of scenes with Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates going at it, so that's what you're going to see." Bates said of joining the show, "I'm awfully excited!"
While "female power" will be a major theme of season 3, the story will be "about a lot of things." Murphy previously also revealed that the next chapter would feature a female monster, who is in the vein of Rubber Man of season 1 and Bloody Face of season 2.
Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, Frances Conroy and Sarah Paulson, who were present at the panel, have been confirmed to return for season three as well, joined by Taissa Farmiga who starred in the first season.
More American Horror Story News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked
- Emma Roberts and Ex Evan Peters Spark Reconciliation Rumors After Spotted Together
- Taylor Swift NOT Hooking Up With Todrick Hall
- Katy Perry Unveils Three 'Rise' Remixes
- New 'Empire' Season 3 Trailer Gives First Look at Mariah Carey's Kitty
- New 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set Pics Reveal Thor and Loki's Costume and Tease a Mystery Character
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing