Jessie J Shaves Off Head for Red Nose Day
Jessie J made good on her promise to shave her hair off during BBC One's coverage of Red Nose Day on Friday, March 15. She once said that getting her hair shaved was the least thing she could do to raise fund for the charity.
At first, Jessie showed her completely shaved head, except for the bangs, to the camera. Later at the end of the program, she showed up on stage with her bald head. One of the hosts, Dermot O'Leary commented on her shaved head, "I really like it. You look like GI Jane." Jessie said that "it's the weirdest feeling" when Dermot stroked her head.
The singer proudly shared a photo of her now-bald head on Twitter. "I did it! Thank you to everyone who is donating! Please keep texting YES to 70010," Jessie tweeted. She wrote again, "I am soooo thankful to everyone who has donated @rednoseday and supported me tonight! My heart is filled with happiness! Lets make a change! X."
Simon Cowell also participated in the charity event. In a funny video campaign, he is seen getting married to a mystery woman. Simon wears a black suit and white shirt without a tie, while his bride is in white wedding dress with a thick veil covering her face. However, before the bride and the groom can say their "I do," British comedian David Walliams appears in white wedding dress to declare his objection.
"My Simon, I love you! It should be me and you getting married today! I love everything about you!" David says. He continues, "I love that your hair looks like a badger! hat your trousers come up to your armpits. I love that you wear pullovers too tight so that they show off your nipples! Let's run away somewhere!"
Red Nose Day is an annual tradition in U.K. launched by Comic Relief. The fund raised will be used to help people in need at home and in Africa. Other celebrities such as One Direction, Hugh Grant, Rowan Atkinson, and many others also participate in the charity.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake