Christian Bale Could Play Moses in 'Exodus'
Christian Bale is eyed to star in Fox's project "Exodus". According to Deadline, director Ridley Scott is courting the star of "The Dark Knight Rises" to tackle the Moses role.
Christian Bale is still in early talks with the studio, but Fox wants to get the project off the ground quickly. The studio is hoping that Scott can start working on the film right after he completes "The Counselor" starring Michael Fassbender which is set to be released in November 2013.
Scott is going to direct the film based on the script re-written by Steve Zaillian after taking it over from Adam Cooper and Bill Collage. The plot details are still kept under wraps, but it will tell the story of Moses who was born a slave, became an Egyptian prince and eventually delivered his people from bondage.
"What's interesting to me about Moses isn't the big stuff that everybody knows. It's things like his relationship with Ramesses [II, the pharaoh]," said director Scott when he discussed the film in early 2012. "I honestly wasn't paying attention in school when I was told the story of Moses. Some of the details of his life are extraordinary."
This is not the first time Bale is eyed to play a biblical figure. He was considered to star in Darren Aronofsky's "Noah". He turned it down and the role went to Russell Crowe. Bale is currently filming an untitled David O. Russell project alongside Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Amy Adams, and Jeremy Renner.
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction
- Winona Ryder Defends Ex Johnny Depp Against Amber Heard's Abuse Allegations
- 'Star Trek Beyond' New Trailer: Captain Kirk Makes His Last Report
- Tyrese Gibson Confirms Return to 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Chris Brown Sued by Suge Knight Over 2014 Club Shooting. What's Breezy's Fault?
- Taylor Swift Tells Her Friends She's 'in Love' With Tom Hiddleston as Couple Enjoy Roman Holiday