Elton John Cancels Alabama Show Due to Medical Reasons
Another artist has canceled his tour date. After Justin Bieber's March 12 Portugal concert, Morrissey's San Francisco tour leg, and two of Rihanna's Diamonds World Tour shows, legendary "Rocketman" Elton John becomes the latest addition to the string of artists that have failed to push through with their scheduled performances.
The British rock singer-songwriter was forced to cancel his Friday night, March 15 show in Alabama at the Birmingham Jefferson Complex Arena "due to medical reasons," according to a representative to the music legend. Ticketmaster announced the cancellation on its website just hours before the concert was about to take place.
The Birmingham Jefferson Complex Arena, who had been gearing up for the show since March 8, also issued a formal statement to announce that the show will not push through as planned. Ticket buyers who purchased online or by phone will automatically get their refunds, while those who got their tickets elsewhere would have to go directly to the original point of purchase to get their money back.
Details of the 65-year-old artist's health condition have not been revealed and the piano man himself has not disclosed any information on his Twitter page or official website. His current medical dilemma is the latest since his May 2012 respiratory infection that made him cancel a series of shows in Las Vegas.
More Elton John News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour