Jay Leno and NBC's Boss Allegedly Clashing Over Ratings Jokes
Jay Leno might be in a feud with NBC entertainment chief Robert Greenblatt. The host of "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" reportedly angered the network's exec after poking fun at NBC's ratings struggles and its dropping ranking.
"For the first time in history NBC is going to finish fifth in the ratings period," Leno said during his monologue in a February 28 edition of his late-night show. "We are behind the Spanish-language network Univision - or as we call it here in Los Angeles: Cinco de Ratings."
"It's so bad, 'The Biggest Loser' isn't just a TV show anymore; it's our new motto," he continued taking a jab at one of NBC's shows. "It's so bad, NBC called Manti Te'o and asked him to bring in some imaginary viewers."
According to New York Times, Greenblatt wasn't amused by these jokes and immediately fired off an e-mail to Leno. The two later exchanged a series of tense e-mails, with Leno defending himself by pointing out that late-night stars poking fun "at their masters."
A representative for Leno refused to comment on the report, while Greenblatt could not be reached for comment.
This feuding rumor came just weeks after it was reported that NBC had prepared to replace Leno with Jimmy Fallon as the "Tonight Show" host.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri