Jay Leno and NBC's Boss Allegedly Clashing Over Ratings Jokes
Jay Leno might be in a feud with NBC entertainment chief Robert Greenblatt. The host of "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" reportedly angered the network's exec after poking fun at NBC's ratings struggles and its dropping ranking.
"For the first time in history NBC is going to finish fifth in the ratings period," Leno said during his monologue in a February 28 edition of his late-night show. "We are behind the Spanish-language network Univision - or as we call it here in Los Angeles: Cinco de Ratings."
"It's so bad, 'The Biggest Loser' isn't just a TV show anymore; it's our new motto," he continued taking a jab at one of NBC's shows. "It's so bad, NBC called Manti Te'o and asked him to bring in some imaginary viewers."
According to New York Times, Greenblatt wasn't amused by these jokes and immediately fired off an e-mail to Leno. The two later exchanged a series of tense e-mails, with Leno defending himself by pointing out that late-night stars poking fun "at their masters."
A representative for Leno refused to comment on the report, while Greenblatt could not be reached for comment.
This feuding rumor came just weeks after it was reported that NBC had prepared to replace Leno with Jimmy Fallon as the "Tonight Show" host.
More Jay Leno News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard